1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How is this happenning?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by DarkxL0rd, Jan 28, 2012.

1. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

im not understanding how this is possible. my assassin is 14 str. because of base 6 which is doubled from promotions and then +2 poison, with a few first strikes thrown in. the mage im attacking is base 5 with 50% from the ancient forest and 20% promotions. which gives him about a 9 strength. yet here he has 14.40. how is this happenning?

Attached Files:

2. Breunor

Breunor Deity

A few thoughts:

Maybe the defender has other promotions, but they aren't listed because there isn't enough room. You can check this out in the worldbuilder

There are other units in the square, and somebody has a guardsman promotion - and then something may be wrong with the icon in this case.

If it isn't one of these, send a save and I'll see if I can figure it out.

Best wishes,

Breunor

3. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

seems to be a one time thing. never seen anything like it though. I ended up winning that battle and then the other mages in the stack didnt have near that strength. So while i couldnt see it, perhaps the mage had SOMETHING going on for it.

4. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Maybe he stayed at a Holiday In the night before (sorry for those of you who don't watch American commercials).

Best wishes,

Breunor

5. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

Might it be a case of stoneskin?

6. BvBPL

BvBPL Pour Decision Maker

Stoneskin might be possible, but that should also list the free first strikes the mage should receive. Since you're fighting the Balseraphs, I'd say that a mutation resulting in some combination of the strong, heavy, and heroic defense seems most likely to me.

7. DarkxL0rd

DarkxL0rd Warlord

hmm... great idea, hadnt thought of that. Also my Alazkan just lost his mirror and empty bire to another unit. is that a trait a mimic can steal?

8. Doug Piranha

Doug Piranha Warlord

I don't think so, but any Esus recon unit can steal items with the Steal spell.

9. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Mild necromancy, I know, but I believe I've just worked out the answer. Some good mutations, combat promotions and stoneskin would give the mage quite a decent defence, and some first strikes, but assasains are immune to first strikes, so they wouldn't show up.

Now let's pretend I managed to realise this a month ago when it was relevant.