1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How large are the cities?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Tsaroon, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Tsaroon

Tsaroon Chieftain

Hello.

To date I haven't been able to figure out how large the cities are.

There are just the usual 2 digit numbers to represent the size, but as far as I can tell a population 10 city could be 10 thousand or 10 million people.

Of course like any other version it is not crucial, but it's always been a worthy side project. It was a lot of fun figuring out how to get a billion people in Civ 5.

2. soundwaveuk

soundwaveuk Chieftain

Yeah I kinda like knowing stats like this as well. I remember back in older Civs where you got demographic info, including how many millions of people lived in your empire.

3. Ryika

Ryika ate all the monsters.

Population size doesn't scale linearly with the "size" number of the city. Each unit of population is "worth" more "real" population than the last, but as far as I know, unlike in Civ 5, the game does not attempt to calculate the actual numbers anywhere.

So there is no "real" number to figure out, you can probably decide for yourself how big he areas the cities represent are and how many people they hold.