1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How likely is randomizing Eurekas and Inspirations to be doable

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Craig_Sutter, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Craig_Sutter

Craig_Sutter Chieftain

In another thread, I noted that Eurekas and Inspirations might tend to follow a predicable pattern such that players consistently make build decisions and research tree choices based upon them. I think that this may make gameplay a little too linear, without enough variation.

Will it be possible to create additional Eurekas and Inspirations for each tech and civic and have them be chosen randomly at the beginning of each game? This would have to be done before the database was added, I assume. For example, to get Archery Eureka, instead of 3 kills with slingers, sighting of 5 barb camps by scouts. That's just of the top of my head, and a lot of thought should go into the alternatives, but is it doable?

Put this way... could similar things be done with Civ 5. Some random element introduced into the tech tree each game? If so, it's likely doable in Civ 6.

It is a mod, I would consider of some benefit.

2. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

Adding multiple Eurekas for each tech would be a mod that I would definitely put together. I hope this mechanic exists from the beginning. Eurekas add realism to the game. I'm particularly excited about this.

3. Thibaulthc

Thibaulthc Chieftain