How long are you here?

How long do you intend to stay active on CFCOT?

• Total voters

Gori the Grey

The Poster
How long do you intend to stay active on CFCOT?

I don't really know. So I voted "who can say?"

I become bored, leave for awhile, and tend to come back eventually. There are long periods where I only stay in the Civ3/Civ4 sections, or even take a break from CFC altogether, but I've always come back, so I can't say "till I'm bored."

"Til I grow up"? Could have applied when I join; not really anymore. "Til I find something better to do"? Maybe someday, but it hasn't happened (indefinitely, at least) yet. Maybe "til I get a real life", depending on what that means. I don't plan to be kicked off, and while the debate is nice, to be honest I can't be bothered to follow most debates in threads; instead only commenting based on their current status and perhaps following up once or twice

As long as there is at least one other interesting person to talk to. Since there are currently lots of interesting people, it looks like I'll be here awhile.

I joined when I was 12. I've been a member of CFC longer than I haven't been. I really hate that.

Granted, I've spent probably half of that time not here, but it's still been a long while.

I enjoy being part of a community, but I have to admit that I stay here because I haven't found anything better. As much as this place annoys me, it holds my attention and is set up in a way that is amenable. Any replacement would have to be at least on par with CFC. I haven't found that anywhere.

What is this CFCOT you speak of? I would never go to a place like that! Like that stupid "internet" thing people talk about. I would never touch an "internet" with a ten foot pole!

I joined when I was 12. I've been a member of CFC longer than I haven't been. I really hate that.

Granted, I've spent probably half of that time not here, but it's still been a long while.

I enjoy being part of a community, but I have to admit that I stay here because I haven't found anything better. As much as this place annoys me, it holds my attention and is set up in a way that is amenable. Any replacement would have to be at least on par with CFC. I haven't found that anywhere.
This is what I thought about the first forum I ever joined... until that place became hell on the internet (that site has the "honor" of harboring the first POS who ever stalked me online and posted personal information and then mused that it would be "fun" if people started contacting me). While I did have fun there for awhile and met some nice people - a couple with whom I'm still in contact, including the person who got me into doing NaNoWriMo - I decided to chalk the whole thing up to a learning experience and realize that site admins are not always nice people (they're the ones who actively participated in the stalking/doxxing incident).

But CFC is where I've been the longest. TrekBBS comes second. And both forums are places where I first went for the game talk/Trek talk and ended up staying for the social aspect and other types of conversations. There are people there who haven't watched Star Trek in years, just like here there are OT members who haven't played Civ in years.

I was never here, Valka D'ur and Kyriakos will say the same.
They never saw me and they are always here.

So, who can say?

Top Bottom