1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How long can i keep playing?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by boneys26, Jul 31, 2006.

1. boneys26

boneys26 BTS Play session tester

I've been playing civ for years and after i win/lose a game i always want to keep playing but after a time i start a new game. But i was just wondering how long can i keep playing 1 game for after I win/lose that game?

2. Little Corporal

Little Corporal fromage

Infinitely I think.

3. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

4. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

THis might be better, why not play a game thats set to 915 turns or so. Of course the amount of techs are doubled, vast erray of resources 600+ units you know what mean a nice long mod perfected over time to become edited into flawless territory.

IM talking Rise n Rule. Now you can enjoy a game and play as long as you want win or lose, and its all new the whole way through. Did I mention its got a complete pedia. YA.

5. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

I have seen a few post questions and they were in 6xxx AD. Not sure what you do at that point, but even if you are the only one left you can play on.

6. adog

adog Prince

That sounds really boring to me. :confused: After I win a game, I can't wait to start up a new one.

7. ThePrankMonkey

ThePrankMonkey mowing em' down!

ha usually after i win a game (like through cultural victory) i stop caring about rep and basically i stop caring about losing the game and let loose my units and flatten the other civs to pancakes.

i like to win peacefully and then turn into a nasty leader after the win. not sure why...

8. hrhomer

hrhomer Fat Guy

I was under the impression that there was a 1000 turn limit...

Joe

9. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Your right! after that theres no more score. Graphs are done to but feel free to play all freakin Day thats all up to you :crazyeye:

10. Virtual Alex

Virtual Alex King

yeah I can't even keep playing after victory is assured. When I have about 20 turns left to get 100k culture, or I am just mopping up pathetic level 5-7 towns of a broken civ to hit the dom limit. Or have a total tech lock on the game and building parts for the SS. I just end turn, end turn... and start over.

11. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

Are you people sure about this ?
    I think there's a limit. I remember being exited swiftly (10-25 turns) after the "Let me play a couple more turns."

12. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

Yeah, you can go on ad infinitum after any victory condition is met. HBDragon88 used to post here way back when and he had a lot of games into the 3000AD range.

13. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

I was probably thinking of another game. :crazyeye:
    :lol: Sounds like fun. What did he do in those extra 1000 years ?

14. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

I don't remember. I did a search to see what he said, guess I didn't put the right terms in.

I'm pretty sure he played on Chieftain, so the games lasted a while, even up to 2050 you're not that far advanced.