How long do Multiplayer games take?

DontTread

Chieftain
I have never played a multiplayer game because of fear of running out of time. How long do most games last for? Do people save and log back in or just play straight through until the end of the game?

I have a group of friends who come back to a saved game. Our first game took about 5-6 hours, without a turn timer. Turn timers would help, but I'd still estimate 5-8 hours for a full game on online speed.

The multiplayer scenarios are much more doable for a single sitting. They are 50 turn scenarios, we did one with 90 second turns and it finished in under an hour and a half. Doesn't quite give the full experience though.

It varies. If someone pulls a succesfull early rush it can be over in 45 minutes, but it can also turn into a 10 hour slugfest where everyone is trying to built their Spaceship while nuking and carpet-warring each other. On average I'd say about 4-5 hours untill someone is clearly ahead of the pack and the game is de facto over.

Saving is probably a more realistic option, but make sure you play with a group of friends and not some rando's who'll never be available for a continue. Playing without randoms also reduces the chance they'll drop when they gg 30 turns in.(which makes for a short, but also not a fun game)

well if u play public online games u need on average 90 min to win by being the last Player in the game
If u play private games u wil need 4-6 hours 7 hours if u go in to a nuke stalemate where no one can go to space

Top Bottom