1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How Long Do You Take For Each Turn?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by CivIVMonger, Sep 23, 2009.

?

I am trying to get an idea as to what time everyone here finishes thier turns.

1. 1 to 3 Minutes: Quick

6.2%
  2. 3 to 5 Minutes: Quick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5 to 10 Minutes: Quick

1.5%
  4. More than 10 Minutes: Quick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 1 to 3 Minutes: Normal

24.6%
  6. 3 to 5 Minutes: Normal

15.4%
  7. 5 to 10 Minutes: Normal

4.6%
  8. More than 10 Minutes: Normal

1.5%
  9. 1 to 3 Minutes: Epic

15.4%
  10. 3 to 5 Minutes: Epic

9.2%
  11. 5 to 10 Minutes: Epic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. More than 10 Minutes: Epic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 1 to 3 Mintues: Marathon

13.8%
  14. 3 to 5 Minutes: Marathon

6.2%
  15. 5 to 10 Minutes: Marathon

1.5%
  16. More than 10 Minutes: Marathon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CivIVMonger

CivIVMonger Emperor

Marathon, Normal, Epic, and Quick, all have thier own speeds, though, they all use turns to move the play. How long do you take for each turn? Game speed does matter so I will include different sets.

2. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Typical turns for me last 10 to 40 seconds. Sometimes I'll hit a minute if I am both at war and still micromanaging workers.

3. Adria

Adria Prince

It depends on what stage of the game I'm at and how well my computer is behaving. Probably 3-5 minutes (Epic) on average. Might be closer to the 5-10 range, especially late-game (lots of stuff going on), if I'm at war (my computer doesn't like big stacks of units), or my computer just isn't cooperating (computer slows to a crawl when my virus scanner starts its daily scan).

This game is my main reason for looking into getting a new computer soon. :lol:

4. CivIVMonger

CivIVMonger Emperor

Typical turns for me last 10 to 40 seconds. Sometimes I'll hit a minute if I am both at war and still micromanaging workers.

You play at about my speed. 10 to 40 seconds on average, but when I'm strategizing, my turns can last up to 10 minutes. That only happens once or twice in a game, so on average, about 10 to 40.

5. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

@ CivIVMonger, do you know how to quote? I just did it:lol:

6. CivIVMonger

CivIVMonger Emperor

Yes, I do, I accidentally backspaced the

7. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

It really depends. i play Epic speed, but I'm also usually on here at the same time, and sometimes modding, so I can take a while.

8. grommit5

grommit5 Warlord

a lot of it depends on how early or late in the game.

9. Cjreynol

Cjreynol Warlord

Well, averaging out later turns with earlier ones I chose 5-10 on normal. I get in a few wars and that slows me up quite a bit deciding where to move the troops and figuring out strategy, where do I go from here, etc. City management (including using workers to improve those cities) slows me down pretty good too, though I am getting much faster at that recently.

10. Silu

Silu Deity

Funny that you didn't include your own gaming pace in the poll as the fastest option is 60-180 seconds :crazyeye:

EDIT: I calculated some examples from some finished games (time elapsed / turns elapsed) and I got about 35 seconds for Normal and 18 seconds for Marathon games.

11. J-man

J-man Deity

Heavily depends on which stage I am.

12. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

I really depends on what type of game I'm playing. But going off an average game, mid-way through, with an average size (which for me is Large), then my turns on Normal take 3-5 minutes on average.

13. Pim

Pim Stadtholder

sometimes a turn takes me 10 secondes, sometimes 10 minutes. I take my time for; city placement, war, researching en sometimes even diplomacy takes me a couple minutes. on average i take 3-5 minutes for a turn

14. Yonez

Yonez Chieftain

I think a full game on normal speed takes me about 10 hours, often more. The thing that takes me the longest is using my workers. I've got a bad habit of working out what to do with them every single turn rather than automating or even giving them lists of commands. My multiplayer friends don't really appreciate it. :(

15. Blanchflower

Blanchflower Prince

It depends on what stage I am in!

:)

16. SauronCuneta

SauronCuneta Chieftain

Below 1 minute :D

17. Valivator

Valivator Warlord

This :agree:

18. Continental Op

Continental Op Warlord

Some turns will end in less than 10 seconds, some may take more than 10 minutes. But I did some calculations based on my previous games, and it seems that my average time per turn would be about 2 minutes.

I was surprised about how little it was, because I consider myself a really slow player.

19. Bushface

Bushface Deity

I'm near the end of conquering a huge pangaea (Emperor level, normal speed) and have 75 cities, a host of workers, and two widespread armies to micromanage. My last turn took just over 4 hours.
    No, I haven't voted in the poll. "More than 10 minutes" isn't really adequate.

20. Powerslave

Powerslave Prince

0 - 10 seconds, usually. I only micromanage my workers until the Renaissance, and then I automate them. I have orders queued up for all my cities. War is the bane of my existence, because it slows my turns down to interminable numbers, sometimes measured in the minutes. Generally, I like to have overwhelming numbers when I declare war, so that I can minimize the amount of time spent micromanaging duties that should have been offloaded to my generals.

Lately, I've been declaring more wars and taking longer to finish my games, but if I could automate my stack of death, I probably would.