How long until I can offer DoF?

Barking Iguana

Chieftain
I just turned down Poland's Declaration of Friendship offer, because Casimir was at war with Egypt. The next turn, he and Egypt made peace. I waited a turn to see if there were any immediate denunciations and seeing none, I'd like to be friends with Poland. Poland still feels "friendly" to me.

But after turning down a DoF, there's waiting period before you can offer one to the same civ. I've seen it before, but I've never seen it documented. The option to offer one just doesn't appear (rather than being grayed out, with a tooltip saying how long you have to wait, like with city-state options).

I play Epic, so I guess my answer is 1.5 times the number of turns in a Standard pace game. But I don't know how long that is.

Sorry not to have an authoritative answer, but it is not too long. Somewhere between 5 and 10 turns. One annoying thing though, is that the AIs do not follow the same rules as the player. That is, you ask for a DOF and they decline, then you have to wait. They ask for a DOF and you decline, then you have to wait. But if you ask for a DOF and they decline, they might ask you for a DOF the very next turn!

Top Bottom