1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How many cities do you end up with?

Discussion in 'CivRev - Strategy & Tips' started by galarfr, Jun 18, 2008.

1. galarfr

galarfr Chieftain

Hi,
    All is in the title: compare to Civ IV in which you could end up with 15 or more cities depending on the map..., how many cities do you have at the end of a CR game?

2. KAZUY4

KAZUY4 Chieftain

No upkeep cost, huge bonus that allow you to have as many as you want. I'm not 100% because I'm still have the demo :( , but I read that you can have as many as you want.

3. bo-oz

bo-oz Chieftain

You can build as many as you like, but, the maps I've played so far are rather small.. also the 'enemy' is possibly very close. Since I try to use a growth strategy (big city vs. a lot of smal cities) I often do not end with that many cities, last time only 4 or 5 before I started my domination conquest (ending up with +/- 15 cities).

BTW...I haven't played civ for some time... I believe it was possible to pillage cities right? So you didn't need to make a conquered city your own? It seems civ-rev doesn't offer this possibility

4. yarp72

yarp72 Chieftain

it takes a very long time to get communism to get the civ for no upkeep, its not so usefull at that point, cause citys dont grow that much that late in the game. is there a wonder that helps u get that civ earlier in the game?

5. holiday_hawk

holiday_hawk Chieftain

In till it is released here i only have the demo, but in one demo game i had 9 cities.

6. Tschesae

Tschesae Chieftain

I end up with 6-8 cities most times. Don't think there's a limit though.

7. SmilingAssassin

SmilingAssassin Chieftain

the most I've gotten is 19 on a space victory, not domination.