How many cities? -Early and late-

no need to rough up the new and lost.
Nor the old and lost.

I read the thread title and opened the thread with interest, hoping for some great insight. Fortunately, there were some helpful replies.

As has been stated, I like to focus on quality over quantity early on. Choose good City locations that can be easily connected to your Trade Network (using Roads or Sailing).

Even if an AI or two is aggressively settling the land near to you, it can work in your favour if you can connect your Trade Network to theirs (build a Road to one of their Cities, for example, even by building Roads on squares within an AI's Cultural Borders) and get Open Borders with them via Writing.

I have found that it is more important to worry about keeping your tech rate at a good pace than it is to grab so much land that your tech pace falls by the wayside. Therefore, I, too, am of the opinion that there is no magical number of Cities--the number will vary from game to game and situation to situation. It's a balancing act that varies from map to map, but if there is one consistent kernel to pay attention to from game to game it is to get as many of your Cities connected to your Trade Network as soon as possible, even more so if you can get your Trade Network connected to that of an AI's Trade Network with whom you can Open Borders.

lol..so i pointed out that with the "search" function he could have poped up dozens of threads where this is discussed, big deal? Yea i wasn't to friendly, shame on me, i bet you are always in a buttkisser mood. Lucky you =p

You're right about that - it wasn't at all friendly; in fact it was downright rude and hostile. Although I'm an experienced C3 player, I'm relatively new to CIV, and I too have had occasion to ask basic questions. Fortunately, most users in these forums have the patience to answer such questions in a civil and informative manner, just as I have for many years in the C3 forums, as the number of my posts might have indicated to you.

What's your problem? If you can find the time to reply, you have a choice in what you post; is it more difficult to post something helpful? Or maybe your obvious lack of intellect means you have nothing useful to say? Or is it just that you're one of these sad nobodies who hide behind the safety of the internet, pretending to be a somebody by speaking to people in a manner that you wouldn't dare to do in real life?

You're right about that - it wasn't at all friendly; in fact it was downright rude and hostile.

You know what this reminds me of? A bunch of old ladies, holding their hands.
Iam usually a friendly guy, but it happens that i burp something crappy out. Iam not acting as if i wasn't human, lol...but you need a damn wakeup call, hostile? Do you even know what that word means?
The same thing happens to the poster "Obselete" here regulary, but from him i can still learn some things. That can't be said about some guys who seem to want to win a Mrs. America contest here :confused:

Yoshi - I don't particular care for your attitude either. I've been noticing your posts all over the place recently as lacking any semblance of purpose or constructiveness other than to deride the posters seeking advice or the members trying to help them. What's the purpose in it? All it leads me to believe is that you are a rather unhappy person.

Well this is going a bit too far now, at the point where ppl seem to judge what a person iam in RL just because i do not always cover my mood on an online forum (hello), this is the point where i'll just stop and go somewhere else.
I thought i don't always post crap, but who knows maybe you are right, anyway it is pretty obvious i do not fit into the community then. You guys have a nice life.

Just call it like I see it. Good riddance....

Well why such question? Try to get as many as you get as soon as you can. That will teach you the most.

I wrote it someone else in some other thread... Try to start new game and build only workers, settlers and military units until you get to 0% slider.
You should get writing and pottery before that point though. If you don't manage, you will know next time better.

After you meet the deadline, try to recover the economy. (hint: libraries, currency/alphabet and CoL should be your biggest help)
For learning purposes you are not allowed to build any wonders (well that should be clear from the type of units you are allowed to build, but anyway).

Top Bottom