How many cities for Culture Game?

Prior to BNW, I understand why it was best to not build many cities when going cultural.

But in BNW, is founding more cities when going for a cultural victory (or even anothor victory type, but with a focus on culture) nearly as bad?

Thanks in advance

Also, speaking of culture, I'm trying the aesthetics tree for the first time.

my question is: Is this tree sort of a catch-22? In the sense that many of the policies give you culture, which (in part) is use to buy more policies?

I'm delaying Rationalism for Aesthetics. I'm gaining more culture (from Aesthetics), which I will use for Rationalism.

What do you think? Thanks in advance

What difficulty? You need to make sure you get to archeology at a reasonable time. So, Rationalism early is much more important in Deity than Emperor. If you can hit Archeology 15 turns before the first AI, then you can finish the whole Aesthetics tree and skip rationalism if you want.

Also, there's no tourism penalty for going wide. So, wider is never worse. The worse that can happen is you don't have enough GW for your slots and settle in places without landmarks... In this worst case scenario, you are costing yourself a hotel's worth of hammers one gold. But, unless you are France, Poly, or India, it's never better by itself either. Make sure your cities are actually useful for other stuff, or has a landmark, or you need room for more great works.

Well if you are Only using Aesthetics for extra Social Policy Culture, it is not worth it...
If you are using it to get more Tourism (for Culture Victory), Then it is possibly worth it.

Top Bottom