1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How many dams can a city build?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by HiRezAudio, May 23, 2020.

1. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

I have never been in the situation before where it appears to be possible to build multiple Dams in a single city - I am up to 2, and still have the option for one more.
    Latest game patch, GS, NFP installed to date.

2. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

One per river on floodplains.

Mouse over the tile. It should tell you which river that tile is adjacent to. It's not always clear when there are multiple rivers intersecting.

3. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

There is no limit. But you can only built one hydroelectric dam per city so if you can spread them out that might be beter. Unless that conflicts with boosting IZ adjacency of course.

Icicle likes this.
  4. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Thanks Guys - I had never before been in this situation, so was unsure if it was real or a bug of sorts.
    As long s it is meant to be allowed, then all is well - I thought it may be inadvertent because of the line in the patch notes about the Duplicate Districts exploit being fixed.
    Clarification is much appreciated.

It ended up being a strange game - Gran Columbia is not that overpowered if you don't have anyone to declare early wars on - it is very easy to start to fall seriously behind at that point.
    I ended up with a Science win, without firing a shot in anger except for 2 literally last turn City States that flipped independent and started to attack me (would that they did not go fully independent when rebelling due to cultural & loyalty pressure but that is another thread altogether).