How many DoWs can you make?

Usuno

Chieftain
How many declarations of war can you make before the dreaded "all AI civs vs. human" scenario breaks out? This always ends up happening at some point in each of my games and I'm trying to avoid it, or at least hold it off 'til I have samurai and can rip them all new ones. It's like the AI is desperately trying to find ways to form that massive coalition against lil' ole me. :mad:

Also, does declaring on CS count any less toward that warmonger count than would declaring on a civ? I know destroying either one completely is the same in the eyes of the AI.

I know this has probably been talked about in some thread somewhere but I can't find it with search. :s

As many as you want to, in fact, in the current incarnation of all vs human I welcome it, they're not too challenging enough otherwise xD

I dec war at most trivialization of the opportunities coz i've had enough. This wanderlust scouting blocking and doing huge damage to my military operation? Sorry Gandhi but your scout has to go one way or other.

Called me most uncultured country? Ok since I'm a barbarian, I attack j00.

Only time i be quiet and be patient is when there countries with nukes even when I have the strength advantage.

nukes is really deterrent in civ 5 compared to civ 4 and before xD

Esepcially after I lose 200gpt just coz one city got hit by a nuke, it was like size 30 but yeah.. 200 gpt from one city! I had no idea that city was that rich and vital to moi bling. =/

But yeah, its only normal for people trying to take down someone gunning for domination win, dude, u're being a hitler or napoleon even when u aren't sending dozens of people into camps just coz they looked at ur white pet cat funny.

I don't know exact amount but maybe after 3rd or 4th dec everyone will be gunning for u.

Even gandhi got sacked after he squooshed 2nd city state and dec'd on a third. One of them was my pet state xD

It's not about how many DoWs you do in my experience, if you kill someone of or not is what counts, killing a CS or another AI civ completely will count against you and most AIs will likely see you as the warmongering menace of the world. Though it depends on which AIs you face as they have different levels of acceptance for warmongering if I understand it correctly.

From my experience, you get one 'freebie' DoW/Kill.

Meaning you can wipe out one CS or one Civ without repercussions from other neutral parties. As long as your victim doesn't have a DoF (if a civ) or DoP/Ally (if CS).

However, the moment you go beyond one, you WILL start to anger neutral parties. Taking that 2nd CS seems to be more diplomatically painful than that 2nd Civ, but both earn you "Warmongering menace" penalties. If you pop 2 CSes, you'll get the "Other CSes are getting nervus) Which means double inf loss from all but the hostile ones.

I always make it a point to pick and choose my one 'freebie' CS. This is normally one with a rare resource and has one (and if I'm lucky) two other CSes wanting to see them dead.

There's a major difference to how big a diplo hit you take between conquering a civ (taking most cities) and destroying a civ (taking ALL cities). It's the elimination that really ticks the AI off. This is also why there are such massive repercussions for attacking city-states - since each single city is a whole civilization for them, you are essentially destroying a civilization every time you take over one. Thus, puppeting Geneva will generate more world hate than taking all of Russia's 50 cities except one. So, pick your targets carefully.

I really do hope they completely overhaul diplomacy in the future... For your current situation though, since I can tell you like playing autocracy Nobunaga, the best way to go about things is to conquer, but not destroy any civs for as long as possible. This let's you stay at least moderately respected for a while.

Top Bottom