How many great people per era ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Babarigo, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Babarigo

Babarigo Chieftain

In my actual game there was only 1 great merchant during classical era. After this great merchant was claimed the 2 remaining merchants of the classical era were skipped. During the medieval era the three were claimed. It looks that the remaining great people are skipped if one civilization reaches the next era. What I don't know is if it depends on the era of the most advanced civilization or the era of the last civilization who claimed a great person. I've found nothing on the civilopedia that's why I make this thread hopping that someone knows more than me.

2. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Sorry I'm just adding on another question, but what about when all the GP from an era have been taken (but that era is still the one to choose) can it choose GPs from a previous era that were skipped?

3. rpgalon

rpgalon Warlord

I think I read somewhere that once more than half of the civs advance the era of the GP, it updates to the next one.

So if half the people in a multiplayer game are rushing aprentiseship to get that early industrial district, or rushing knights, or rushing crossbow (all are in medieval era) you will probably only see a single GP from ancient/classical era because after someone gets it, it will skip the eras and go to medieval.

Something has to be fixed, either they slow the tech/civic tree, or they have to change how GP appear.

There is one scientist from classical era that I always wanted to get (gives science from holy site adjacency bonus) but I have yet to see him appear in 11 games I played.

no

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

5. rpgalon

rpgalon Warlord

yes, GP never goes down in cost (except when passing on them). so they never show a GP from an older era, that would be cheaper than the one that was just recruited.

I think they intended to keep the cost going up and up as they are being recruited. I think if the cost went UP and Down and UP etc... you would see a lot more pass, but with prices only going up you can buy a GP that you don't want because you will know if you can catch up on points to get the next one.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016