1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of those audience members were REALLY undecided voters?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by stratego, Oct 8, 2004.

1. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

Supposedly the audience members of the Second Presidential Debate were ALL undecided voters wishing to understand the candidates more. But how many do you think are actually undecided? The questions they asked seemed to be very bias toward one candidate or the other.

2. Sanaz

Sanaz Gorilla Joe

I think it was ok if they were biased, but they were not supposed to be completely decided yet. Everyone entered questions, and the moderator chose the ones to ask. So, he may have chosen the "most biased", because they would be most interesting.

3. Desert Fox

Desert Fox Fleet Admiral

Yes I tend to agree to an extent myself. I agree that the moderator seemed to be leaning toward Senator Kerry quite a bit. I enjoyed it compared to the first debate. :D

4. HighlandWarrior

HighlandWarrior Mr Political Analyser

i don't think any of them were undecided.

5. Speedo

Speedo Esse Quam Videri

Not more than one or two. Many of the questions were obviously aimed to slam or support one candidate.

6. pomsa

pomsa President of Civfanatica

They were supposed to be unbiased, but I have heard (from un-named sources) that both GOP and Dem groups were trying to get strongly pro-Kerry/Bush people into the audience.

7. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

Less than the number that were at the debate. Bush and Not Bush both had people in the audience.

8. stormbind

stormbind Retenta personam!

I think they had all decided to vote Republican, or Democrat.

Take back democracy!! :mischief:

9. Stile

Stile Emperor

I thought they were decided too - in particular, the environmentalist and the anti-abortion lady. How could she not be decided? It looked like she was about to cry after Kerry's answer, and the environmentalist had a scowl from word one. It's interesting that gay marriage didn't show up, especially after the moderator mentioned it (I think). Maybe there are no gays in St. Louis,

10. ~Corsair#01~

~Corsair#01~ Deity

If I was undecided, I'd still ask biased questions. If you have an equal number of people on both sides asking biased questions, the debate is a lot more informative. ;)

11. Ayatollah So

Ayatollah So the spoof'll set you free

Either the audience had a lot of harsh questions, or the moderator selected them to be harsh. Either way, as you point out, it's a good thing for the information of the audience. And by the way, a harsh question is no proof of bias - if we could hear the other question from each audience member, we might find that in most cases it was just as harsh.

Since most of our so-called news so-called reporters won't ask tough questions, it's a big relief to find that somebody will. :)