1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many of you have a GeForce Card?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by Snarf054, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Snarf054

Snarf054 Chieftain

Ever since the September 2019 patch I have been getting a Display Driver crash late game. I have searched through the Bug Reports forum and tried everything I have found there. I have my graphics as low as possible, turned off anti aliasing, tried no mods, switched between Direct X versions. Still get the error. Before I had a alienware with a 790m card but recently bought a new alienware with a gtx2060 card. I was thinking that would fix the problem but nope still getting the error. Playing on a smaller map helps but only delays the inevitable. Before I could go back and load the next to last auto save and get past the crash but tried that last night and no such luck. I have the same issue occasionally with FM20 but the issue there is a simple reboot and load the back up.

I know I am not the only one that has a Nvidia card so if you do have you had any issues? Were you able to fix it? Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm about at wits end. I enjoy playing still but not being able to finish a game is getting rather frustrating especially since I bought the NFP.

2. Breadsmith

Breadsmith Warlord

I have one. Haven't had any issues, except for weird hair on leader animations. Don't have the specs on hand, but it's a laptop and several years old.

3. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I've a GTX 1060 6gb. I never had any issues with Civ VI.

4. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I have a 2070 Super and the game runs flawlessly. That said, Civ VI is known to be a temperamental beast and for some people it just refuses to work. All I can suggest is making sure your drivers are up to date and maybe reinstalling the game. Something could have corrupted somewhere.

5. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend as a first step manually downloading the most recent display driver from Nvidia, fully uninstalling your current display driver using DDU, and then manually installing the new driver.

Buktu likes this.
  6. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

Played for years on a GF960M and recently on 1660Ti (mobile) and have had no crashing issues. Neither has the wife on 2060 (mobile).

7. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

I run a RTX 2070 S as well. The game runs fine and without crashes, but the computer runs so hot that I got worried.

Hence I downloaded a heat tracking software ... and was surprised: The GPU ran on a quite compfortable temperature. (I don't remember exactly, how much it was; I would have to test it again to provide a number. But it was really not that high).
    It actually was the CPU that reached its specified limits with about 90 degree celsius!
    So, the issues might not stem from your graphics card itself.

Could your crashes be a secondary effect of non-graphic card related heat issues that the then break your graphic card (Contacts, GPU malfunction, ...)?
    Are your fans all working? Does dust hinder the airflow? Is your computer boxed in so that the heated air can not be exchanged?

I am by no means a “technical guy”. So this all is just guessing.
    The only reliable takeaway is: I do run a Nividia card without any issues.

8. Snarf054

Snarf054 Chieftain

I think I have FINALLY fixed the issue (knock on wood) Had to reinstall/repair all my DirectX and C++ files. Hopefully it stays fixed. I guess we find out tomorrow as it will be a Civ intensive day :)