1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you still play civ 5?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by cman2010, Jan 10, 2011.

?

Do you still play civ 5

1. Yes I play every day and love the game

25 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. I play a few times a week

48 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. I play once a week

16 vote(s)
    9.0%
  4. I play when I hear a new patch, or mod is out

14 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Im waiting for an expansion to fix the game

18 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. I dont play anymore I got tired of the game

25 vote(s)
    14.1%
  7. I cant stand to play the game in its current form

31 vote(s)
    17.5%
  1. cman2010

cman2010 King

I am making this poll to find out how many of the users on this forum still play civ 5, and if so how often. Most of the forum seems to be divided between people who are die hard fans of civ 5, and those that dislike the game and have moved on, or are waiting for a major patch, expansion, or mod to fix this broken game. So which camp are you in let us know.

2. Smote

Smote Emperor

Since I play exclusively against players, most of what I consider unfun aspects (which relate to a poor AI) do not apply to me.

Yes, I do indeed still play.

3. mike1117112

mike1117112 Chieftain

I play almost daily. Even if just an hour or two

4. cman2010

cman2010 King

how is the online when the game first came out there were many complaints on it, has it improved?

5. Truthy

Truthy Chatbot

I, like everyone else, am waiting for another patch to fix the dunce AI and broken diplomacy. Though, I haven't quit the game and play a few times a week.

6. Deussu

Deussu The Omniscient

I would play more than once a week, but I have a lot of time constraints. I still do love the game, just like I did love Civ3 and Civ4!

7. Supr49er

Supr49er 2011 Thunderfall Cup

I play once a week on the weekend.

8. Hesha

Hesha Prince

I won't vote because I only got the game for christmas so I am still playing.
    The way things are looking at the moment, by the time I have it for as long as you guys have it, the collectible miniatures, the "awesome" artbook, the soundtrack CDs, the Tech chart and probably even the box will - hopefully - have sold well on eBay. Not to mention, that the game itself will probably remain untouched and dumped for Civ4.

9. Selous

Selous King

nice poll

im playing every few days, but also waiting for new patches

10. P-Zombie

P-Zombie Chieftain

I'm still very interested in the game, but currently I'm in the "don't play anymore, tired of the game" camp. Mostly I just daydream about modding things that can't currently be modded (like adding a city health/corruption system).

I still come here to see what new gameplay strats people have come up with (if any). I'd love to find a new approach that could rekindle my interest. And I'm ever hopeful for new patch information.

That's about it right now though. Started a game when the last patch hit back around 12/15 (or whenever it was) but stopped playing a few days later and never finished it.

I still have some hope for the game, but less and less the better I understand the issues.

11. mrlaze

mrlaze Chieftain

initially i wasn't impressed with civ 5. But thinking back I think that was always how i felt with the new version. i took awhile to grasp all the intricacies and start having fun and kicking butt. so lately i have been trying to play, and get the swing of the new things, but it keeps crashing.

its fustrating to read the crash threads as there is no fix for it.

Ive been thinking of just going back to IV...

12. blind biker

blind biker King

I think you should really link to this poll also in the Civ IV forum - I bet my house that a huge number of ex-Civ V people have found permanent home with Civ IV and don't even come here, anymore.

13. blind biker

blind biker King

And the results so far prove that my previous post had a stab at the truth: currently, in this poll, there is a 58% of people still playing Civ V, which is preposterous. Compare with this, much better poll (it is better because it was taken earlier, when not so many people have already abandoned ship and this forum, as is also better because a much larger people have participated in it). In the previous poll, only 33.80% of the respondents still play Civ V. That's one third only. Since then, a lot more people would have left this game and this forum, leaving the die-hard Civ V fans... and me.

14. cman2010

cman2010 King

I figured this was the truth, and that most people have left the forum. I just wanted to see what majority of people were still left on this forum that did not play the game, as a result of the post I have been reading being divided.

15. MaximumPain

MaximumPain Warlord

I play both V and IV although its more on the V side at least for solo play. In IV have an e-mail game with one friend and multiplayer LAN game with my roommate. I like things about both versions of the game.

16. aguds

aguds Warlord

I usually stick with games for weeklong periods. It has been quite a few weeks since I played Civ. I think I played 2 or 3 weeks after the last patch, but then it got old again.

So I'm waiting for another patch, or some awesome mod to breathe some life into it again.

17. AfterShafter

AfterShafter Deity

Oh, that's a barrel of monkeys. The immediate assumption is that all the people who hated the game left the forum in disgust, and other possibilities, like some people are changing their minds (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=407420) or that maybe we have some new members - or old members who were previously silent - who enjoy it, aren't even considered.

Your poll isn't "better," it just better reflects a position you wish to be true. Also, your suggested reasons for the change are idle speculation without any actual basis. For all we know there were more bandwagon jumpers on the rash of negativity plaguing this forum who have since formed their own opinions, or more people started liking the game after the patch, or with increased mod support, or, or, or... Plenty of reasons other than the one you suggested - which was, of course, about the most negative one conceivable.

I play the game several times a week. Good fun. I have a hard time believing I'm really in some tiny minority that actually derives some pleasure out of playing the game. My personal Civ buddies are all enjoying it too. Not best game ever or anything mind you, but, it's good fun.

18. Brian Shanahan

Brian Shanahan Permanoob

"I cant stand to play the game in its current form"

This is the one I picked, may come back to it in an expansion, but there would have to be severe modifications done to the game, like end 1upt, end AIs "playing to win" (an excuse for not coding AIs properly, as I always thought), end city states, end stupid balance on GPs, end bland city choices (due to tiny variations in tile choices), end long build times, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum, ad nauseum (frankly what thinking of the game currently makes me feel nauseous).

19. jacyp

jacyp Winter Lover

Once a week fits me.

I check new mods before, though.

20. timtofly

timtofly One Day

Daily; 500+ hours on steam. I am not a die hard fan, and I wish they would stop patching long enough for me to finish my 300 hour game.