How many people believe in Death Panels?

I love how I derailed this thread into Fox News on post #2 :mischief:

But On-Topic, I know some people in my town definitely believe whatever Fox throws out there. Incl. Death Panels.

Is it "fair and balanced" that not all the Fox News talking heads believe this particular lie, which is still openly disseminated on their cable channel as though it was factual?
Bullspit. Here's an LA Times link where they dutifuly try to carry the water for the Obama administration. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-health-end-of-life14-2009aug14,0,4670272.story

They of course refute the term death panel but use the term "advance care planning" instead. Anybody who looks at this objectively and possesses half a brain can read between the lines.

Think about it, "advance care planning" is figuring out which old people are treatable vs. those who should be euthanized instead of being a drain on the proposed rationed health care of the Obama administration.

Think about it, "advance care planning" is figuring out which old people are treatable vs. those who should be euthanized instead of being a drain on the proposed rationed health care of the Obama administration.

No, it's not, it was voluntary counseling for end-of-life issues and care, such as the creation of living wills.

Find it weird that you'd say they refuted it and then said that they exist in the same article.

No, it's not, it was voluntary counseling for end-of-life issues and care, such as the creation of living wills.

Find it weird that you'd say they refuted it and then said that they exist in the same article.

Billiam, what I said was:

They of course refute the term death panel but use the term "advance care planning" instead. Anybody who looks at this objectively and possesses half a brain can read between the lines.

I guess you weren't the type of reader I was talking about.

Where was the outrage and why was no one reading between the lines when Sara Palin declared April 16th "death panel day" in Alaska?

Death_Machine said:
Billiam, what I said was:
Well, no, because that's what it is. If you can show me how voluntary counseling on end-of-life issues leads to institutionalized euthanasia, I'm all ears. You're right though; anyone with half a brain would read it as such, and I'm not one of those people. People with full brains don't.

Ok, In the first link, first statistic. Barack Obama is apparently 58% confident.

How did they get that?

Edit: Ok I misread, they weren't polling the groups listed, they were polling people ABOUT the groups listed.

Bullspit. Here's an LA Times link where they dutifuly try to carry the water for the Obama administration. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-health-end-of-life14-2009aug14,0,4670272.story

False on all counts. Try again.

IDK, go ask the 20 or so people that live up there. :lol:

Probably because republican leadership is going for broke. Hail Mary, putting all their credibility in the pot knowing they have so much to gain, and right now, little to lose. They know death panels aren't real, they know euthanasia won't happen, they know old people won't even be shamed into picking a cheaper end of life option. But they also know to drive this madness means they control the news cycle, they get the moderates too uncomfortable to support Obama, get the conservatives whipped up in a faux-righteous frenzy. As Keith Olbermann (bear with me) put it
There are no death panels, there could never be. Were there steps taken towards them, I, and 99.9 percent of the people in this country, from the fiercest liberal to the most apolitical blob, would be standing next to you preventing their creation. There are no plans to take your insurance away from you. There will be no rationing of care. There will be no Health Choices Commissioner and he will not be able to transfer money electronically out of your bank account.
(keep bearing with me) which means this: if the people you trust are telling you it's real, and it's that serious, it would make sense to get frenzied. The Republican base's response is actually appropriate--given the premise that they are following their leaders. But since the leaders are not just raising concern but actually and undoubtedly spreading lies and misinformation (because again the risk is low, the payout is massive), it is unfairly messing with a large segment of the population.

RATIONING!!!:run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run::run:

It'll be Obama's fault that we have finite resources and unlimited wants!

I find it odd that someone called 'Death Machine' would be so worried about death panels

Iam guess you HAVENT read the actual bill ?
Do yourself a favour download and read the bill before comming here and clamining that you have.

Iam guess you HAVENT read the actual bill ?
Do yourself a favour download and read the bill before comming here and clamining that you have.
You read a 1000-page piece of legislation but can't spell either coming or claiming?

EDIT: Oh, I guess maybe you've got Australian Rules going on.

Let's play "name the source".

The covered services are: evaluating the beneficiary's need for pain and symptom management, including the individual's need for hospice care; counseling the beneficiary with respect to end-of-life issues and care options, and advising the beneficiary regarding advanced care planning.

A: Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003 passed by the Republican congress.

Oh noes, we already have death panels!!!11:crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

You read a 1000-page piece of legislation but can't spell either coming or claiming?

EDIT: Oh, I guess maybe you've got Australian Rules going on.

Nah iam lazy ass in the morinings I just read the pages where it was clamined there would be actual death panels namely pages 625-630.
Eating breakfast and typing a post isnt such a good habit. :lol:

Top Bottom