Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 10-20 thousand

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 20 or above?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Alvin

Warlord
I recently heard some discussions about how many people are in a unit. If you draft a citizen, its like 10,000. However, each unit may represent a division or a birgade in mordern warfare each numbering about 5-20 thousand people. However, I got a question, do you gain more troops everytime it gets promoted?

you could look at history and see the amount of people and tanks and planes used.
It will bring you to a vast difference per unit though.
Swordsmen were used by thousands or 10 thousands i think so a unit could represent 100-1000 men or so.

Tanks i don't know too well, but in WW2, i think there are like 100.000 of them used (both sides combined) So here a number of like 100 per unit could be right. (i could very well be off by a factory 2, but probably not much more than that)

If you look at carriers however, in many civ games there are more carriers than there are on the real world. Cruisers, bomber, destroyers and subs could also pretty well have a 1 on 1 ratio.

Alvin said:
I recently heard some discussions about how many people are in a unit. If you draft a citizen, its like 10,000. However, each unit may represent a division or a birgade in mordern warfare each numbering about 5-20 thousand people. However, I got a question, do you gain more troops everytime it gets promoted?
Nobody's ever come up with an answer to your question. There are as many troops in a Civ unit as you want there to be. When I name mine, I name them as regiments, but that's just an easy way for me.

I dont think that you can use drafting to calculate how many citizens goes per unit. If you draft a unit from a size 7 city it will perhaps cost 50.000 population. However if you draft from a size 30 city one pop point will be worth more like 500.000 population.

I also think that unit sizes depends on the type of unit.

Alvin said:
However, I got a question, do you gain more troops everytime it gets promoted?

That is really also a matter of personal opinion. As I view it the extra HP represents that the troops get more batttlehardened and that each soldier in the unit can take more damage before it is unable to fight.

Theoden

But the reality is, that in this aspect, the game is hardly related to reality anyway.

While some things are pretty realistic (yes even city flips.. :() (or look at the resitors in iraq and the productivity that remains there)

This part is implemented for good gameplay. It doesn't matter how many are in a unit and why they get more hitpoints rather than getting hit less often due to their experience, this is how gameplay works best.

Top Bottom