1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How many settlers should the capital produce before switching to other production?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: Polls' started by eyrei, May 5, 2003.

?

How many settlers should the capital build before switching to other production?

1. 1

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. 3

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. 4

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. It should be our primary settler 'factory'

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. abstain

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

This is an informational poll, and will remain open at least through the next two turn chats.

2. Panzer

Panzer Mobile Front

3, thats what i usually do so i can grow as much as possible. This might take a while though, with the position we chose.

3. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

3 would be sufficient, if we find better land nearby for a settler/worker factory.

4. naervod

naervod My current user title

Three looks good to me, and we can use one of the cities our settlers found to be a settler factory.

5. Peri

Peri Vote early and vote often

A granary must be our next priority.
    please read Donsig's argument in the build queue discussion thread.

6. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

This is a tough one to vote in right now. First of all I'd point out that between the first two settlers there will be 30 some odd shields that will have to be devoted to other production while we wait for the capital to grow back to size three. Second, there is still too much we don't know in order to make an educated choice. There may be a location in the southwest where a settler factory city can be founded. We just can't see enough land to be sure. If not then we pretty much need the capital to continue producing settlers. Finally, with a granary in the capital it can produce a warrior / settler pair every ten turns. Since the poll will remain open for awhile I think I'll wait till we see more of the southwest before voting.

7. Siegmund

Siegmund King

Total number of settlers, or number of settlers before putting up a granary? if the former, it could well be a lot, unless we have some other great land nearby.

If the latter, maybe 1, I'd say.

8. amirsan

amirsan King of all Kings

We should let three and let our SW city do our settlers while we fix something to do for our capitol.

9. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

I don't think I am in a position to answer this yet. I don't like looking to far into the future.

10. Shaitan

Shaitan der Besucher

Off hand with the information we have now I'd say 1 or 2. Our capital is a fine production site but an absolutely lowsy growth site (at least in despotism). Even with the limited amount of terrain exposed to the southwest a better growth city is guaranteed. Build the current settler and then turn to granary, barracks, units (not necessarily in that order).