How many tiles out from the city-center can a city grow to?

Sherlock

Just one more turn...
I always thought it was three. But I'm in a game now and one city has city limits going out four tiles. And my capital has city limits going all the way out to five tiles.

A city five tiles across from the capital? I'm playing my first CiV in a long time, is my memory just bad?

Citizens can only work the tiles in a radius of 3, but afaik there's no limit on a city's territorial influence, except the time it takes for your borders to grow.

A worker or work boat can improve strategic resources to gain the resource at any range as long as the tile is within your territory.

Citizens can only work the tiles in a radius of 3, but afaik there's no limit on a city's territorial influence, except the time it takes for your borders to grow.

A worker or work boat can improve strategic resources to gain the resource at any range as long as the tile is within your territory.

I've got workers working tiles four tiles out from the city.

He’s talking about when you open the city screen, you can’t assign a citizen to work a tile more than 3 tiles away. On the map, your workers can make improvements on any tile within your borders no matter how many tiles away. Understand the difference?

He’s talking about when you open the city screen, you can’t assign a citizen to work a tile more than 3 tiles away. On the map, your workers can make improvements on any tile within your borders no matter how many tiles away. Understand the difference?

Yup, thanks. I didn't realize the borders could keep going out that far.

That's right - 3 tiles from the city centre to work with a citizen, but up to 5 tiles to expand with influence. Sometimes it may even prioritize expanding culture to a tile 4 or 5 tiles away from the city centre even if you don't have your 3-radius full filled in yet, IF that tile it's expanding to is some important strategic resource (like iron or uranium).

Top Bottom