How many turns should a WoI take?

Cutlass

The Man Who Wasn't There.
I tend to put off the WoI and build big rich colonies. How much time do I need to do the War before the clock runs out?

I'd give yourself 30 years just to be safe. As you move up in difficulty the REF size increases so you'll need a buffer.

I say years because it depends on the game speed you play at.

I Prefer having 50+ turns.
Mainly because there is also a bug, where the king stops to ship troops and just keeps bombarding your cities with his MoW. You can unsnap them by movig your troops or sacrificing a ship but it takes a few extra turns sometimes.

I think I have the right mod loaded to stop that bug. However, as the king has 30 ships he can send all his troops at me in about 1 turn anyways :rolleyes:

I need to replay until I learn this game. I lost a combat 6 general in the first round of combat :wallbash:

Defending vs the REF does not work out well most of the time.
Harass them in the open instead. If you make your General a Dragoon (along others), he can attack and withdraw to safety most of the time.

Build Ship of the lines, hunt privateers with them, Play with the spanish leader who has +100% LB effect against king and you may win quicker.

What's the advantage of ships of the line over frigates against the kings man o wars? they look the same.

Anyways, I built 9 frigates, but the king ended up with 43 ships :p So he was able to send about 95% of the REF at me at once and give me no time at all to R&R between waves.

Men-o-War have a combat bonus against Frigates so if you are planning to build ships (it is not essential to win the game) build Ships of the Line.

My WOI usually last around 30 turns (at normal speed).

Top Bottom