How many US states have you been to?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fetus4188, Dec 7, 2004.

?

How many US states have you been to?

1. none

22.7%
  2. 1

1.5%
  3. 2-5

12.9%
  4. 5-9

12.9%
  5. 10-14

14.4%
  6. 15-19

8.3%
  7. 20-24

8.3%
  8. 25-29

6.8%
  9. 30-34

5.3%
  10. 35-39

2.3%
  11. 40-44

0.8%
  12. 45-49

3.8%
  13. all 50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RedFusion

RedFusion tOSU 37 scUM 7

Been to 14: Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, New York, Pennsylvannia, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida.

And Bugfatty300, I've been to NC, spent a week walking the Appalachain Trail which runs along the border between Tennessee and NC. Also spent a few days at the Eastern Band of the Cherokee Indian reservation.

2. Scuffer

Scuffer Scuffer says...

Michigan, Texas, Minnesota, Louisiana and whatever Washington DC is in. Texas and Louisana are the only two I spent more than a day in.

Hoping to add Maryland or California to that next year.

3. Iggy

Iggy Deity

More than I thought.
    CA, NV, MT, OK, AK and NY.
    Ditto.

4. AVN

AVN Deity

AFAIK Washington DC isn't part of a state.
    It's directly ruled by the federal Congress.

And on-topic : I have never visited the USA, I consider it too dangerous to visit with every person allowed to bear a gun.

5. Captain Carnage

Captain Carnage King

None.

No

6. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

I am too lazy to count without writing them all. Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Maine, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Texas, North Dakota, South Dakota. 29 it seems. Also Ontario and Manitoba :p . I have lived in three of them: Illinois, New York (upstate, NY is really two different places) and Minnesota. I have spent a lot of time in a few others: Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida, Vermont and Ontario :p. Spent 13 years watching the CBC out of Kingston, Ontario (CKWS) for what it is worth (18 years ago it was good for SCTV, late night movies, bad obscure Canadian tv shows, the 10 pm national news with the journal or something (non-mainstream Canadacentric news for an American), and HNIC. I can't understand why St Paul cable doesn't carry the CBC out of Winnipeg or Thunder Bay, if for no other reason than hockey in normal years.)

7. privatehudson

privatehudson The Ultimate Badass

I've stayed in New Mexico, Colorado and Iowa. I've spent a day in Omaha, and around 6 hours in Atlanta airport :D

8. Rallonian

Rallonian Chieftain

Never been to America. Got no immediate plans to either.

9. Yom

Yom Re-ese Mekwanint

Been to 18 or 19, 1/3 of which were just passing through, though.

10. Juka The Dumb

Juka The Dumb Prince

i've been only in new york.and inside the wtc,manhattan is awsome :goodjob:

11. Fruit-Smack

Fruit-Smack Chieftain

I've been to N. & S. Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Viginia, Maryland, Maine, and West Virginia.

12. Crash757

Crash757 King

None. And why the f*ck i should go there, there's nothing to see, i've seen so many american movies, heard so many american songs, drank so much cola, ate so much hamburgers, used so much MS software and i'm now even writing in english... American 'culture' is all over world, only way how to escape from it would be living in desert and prey for Allah... And those st*pid *******s even elected once more that Texas cowboy, whose IQ ain't better than IQ of a average monkey... Damn, sometimes i just wish i'd lived in better times, not this globalization nightmare... What an irony, by civ terms, nowadays civ with worst 'culture' possible seems to be gaining culture victory... :(

Moderator Action: Watch your language, pal. Warned. - XIII
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

13. privatehudson

Ooooo that was SO unwise Crash :lol:

14. Drewcifer

Drewcifer Agent of Karma

The truth is that the real America is not the one that lives in the popular immagination abroad. There are many different versions of it, Minneapolis is not the America you see on TV for example. The same could be said for hundreds of other cities that you have never heard of that are not called New York or Los Angeles or any part of Texas.

15. WickedSmurf

WickedSmurf pr0

Well that was a rant if there ever was one...

To stay on topic, I haven't yet crossed the Atlantic.

16. Iggy

Iggy Deity

:goodjob: Indeed.

17. Akka

Akka Moody old mage.

California and Texas.

18. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

High thirties. I've lived for at least two years each in NY, MD, HI, AK (Alaska, not Arkansas), VT, and NH. Spent at least a couple months in CA, MA, and FL. The rest (pretty much everything east of the Mississippi) is either multiple drive-throughs and/or overnights, and various western states due to Navy duties.

19. Crash757

Crash757 King

What are u going to do ? Kick my ass or sth ? :lol:

Moderator Action: No, I'll do the kicking. There's a reason why we are all polite to each other here. Improve on your language pls. - XIII
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

And, Drewcifer, i know all USA cities ar not the same, but i doubt it's really worth the effort to go there.

Dunno, if i really would go to USA i would probably want to see native americans... at least, whats left of them. And maybe Alaska and other north states, which i haven't seen so much on movies, but i have read about them. But south, westcoast and eastcoast states really doesn't look very interesting... :rolleyes:

20. privatehudson

Nope, just pointing out that those kind of remarks usually land you attention from moderators :mischief: Your funeral though :p