How might someone reset a unit's promotions?

fulano

Warlord
My Civ4 experience is strictly limited to XML modding, but I'd like to try to find a way to reset a unit's level back to 1, and remove the unit's promotions, while keeping the unit's experience.

It would basically be re-training the unit for different purposes or apply new promotions that have been opened up through research. Or in space mods like Final Frontier you could use it to refit ships.

There'd need to be some sort of limit like a gold cost or change to how units gain health when they level up so a player doesn't do this every turn to heal their unit.

If it's already out there could you let me know where it is? If I can at least get a point in the right direction so I'd know what would be needed, I'd really appreciate it! If someone was actually willing to make such a mod I'd let them as well. :)

You guys are awesome... last thing I'm gonna say. :)

No need to kill the unit when you can adjust the level via python as well.

The thing is:
1) There are "free" promotions. For instance, Medic from Red Cross.
If you simply remove all promotions, and reset the level to 1 while keeping experience same, those free promotions are gone as well, but you have to spend experience points to get them back.
2) You cannot get some promotions back because unit combat class has changed.
Melee promotions earned like city raider series that cannot be earned back after they promote to gun units
3) AI knows nuts about python..

Not a good idea to use python for this

The loss of free promotions is the big issue with this, but it might be an issue the player might find worth doing... I'm not sure yet, just collecting ideas.

Thanks for the help though, it helps me know where to start.

Top Bottom