1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How much are different currencies and yields worth in a fair trade?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Barking Iguana, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Barking Iguana

Barking Iguana Chieftain

For simplicity sake, let's assume Prince somewhere between Classical and Renaissance eras. Unless you have a good idea on how level and era affects things and want to get into that.

So how much gold is worth how much of a strategic resource is worth how much diplomatic favor is worth how how many luxuries?

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Most people will not be able to comment on prince classic to Renaissance. Emperor would be better, I believe most people on this forum play there most. I am not sure it scales with difficulty anyway.

It gets complex because people will start quoting the trading exploit.
    The price of things does vary based on a few variables as well. Especially lump sum

I can start the ball rolling by listing 2 I use a lot and so know they have changed.

Before GS I would always trade open borders for GPT and would typically get a flat rate of 1 GPT, sometimes for CV civs it would be higher. This would be the same on any difficulty level.
    Now when I trade open borders the price is most often a 10 gold lump sum but refusing 1 GPT. However it is not unusual to get the odd 1 GPT.

I used to fairly consistently get 6 GPT for luxuries, it seemed quite standard
    Now the standard seems to be 5 GPT + 10 lump sum

I have not really got into trading favour yet and let the ones that want it ask for it. From the little I can remember it is roughly 1:3 but varies a lot.

Barking Iguana likes this.
  3. Barking Iguana

Barking Iguana Chieftain

Thanks. No word on strategics?

4. Victoria

Too early, too volatile, no idea why others are not putting their view in.

5. Hans Tork

Hans Tork Chieftain

For deity iron and horses sell at 3-5 lump gold. Nitre at 7 and finally coal and oil sell at 180-200 gold.

However there is a bug currrently where you can sell high but buy low which helps you to get infinite gold.

Favours in the early ages cost 5 gold but sell at 5-7 gold. :lol::crazyeye:

6. Victoria

7. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Is there one aspect of Civ6 they got "right"? At least on release.
    Civ6 is full of good ideas but i feel like those ideas won't be fully realized until Civ7, provided 2K doesn't fire the dev team and hire a new one of course:nono:

Also, did anyone also realized the AIs now tend to refuse player-initiated trades even when they offered a similar trade a couple turns before, or will a couple turns later?
    I noticed this in a game where i had more artists then slots in my art museums and wasn't going for CV. Some AIs were spamming me with trade proposals to purchase my art which i refused, then i got another artist and no place to put his art so i figured i could as well sell some old ones and make some gold but nobody would purchase them. Couple turns later one of the AIs who had refused to purchase my art contacted me to purchase it:wallbash:

Kolbes likes this.
  8. Victoria

The combat system they finally got right, xp system is pretty good. I feel the movement system is better than the old way but perhaps that’s me, it just took a few days to adjust to.
    A lot of things are mixed, some people like something like civics, other people do not.
    But the combat system is the best I have seen by far.
    Code/logic issue that has always been there. It even happens in war. You can ask for peace when just taking a city but thier costing assumptions do not seem to take the turns data into account, click end turn and they offer you peace.... remember people complaining about this? It’s still there.

9. Midgardsormr

Midgardsormr Warlord

I haven't had the time (or inclination, tbh) to gather much data. I typically play at Immortal.

The AI seems unwilling to trade away more than 20 Favor at a time. I haven't checked to see if they'll sell multiple lots of 20 in a single turn—if they did, it would feel like an exploit, and I don't actually want to tempt myself. I can usually buy 20 Favor for about 14 Iron or Horses in the Middle Ages. It's cheaper earlier, I think, but nobody has much, and I'm not as willing to trade strategics earlier, anyway. Gold value for resources seems to vary wildly depending on how much a given leader has, whether they want to do something with it immediately, and probably some other factors that are less visible. I've seen offers as high as 10:1, and sometimes I'm lucky to get 1:1.

Trading Iron for Niter works out at something like 5:3, I think, although I haven't put any effort into trying to nail it down. I've been doing Cultural Victories so far, and by the time the Renaissance rolls around I'm usually friends with everyone and don't need more than what's required to get some Eurekas and satisfy the odd City State quest.

Great Works can usually be purchased for anywhere from 42 - 150 Favor, depending on the current output of the artwork for the seller, even from leaders pursuing a Cultural Victory.