1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How much faith is too much faith?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by YomoKimyata, Feb 20, 2018.

1. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata Chieftain

Playing as Spain on Immortal and ended up with Sri Pada and Urulu in my first two founded cities.
    with One with Nature, my faith generation is through the roof. I'm currently playing a Sacred Sites game, at times I "accidentally" bought three great prophets since I just couldn't get new cities with religion fast enough (and then the two buildings only cost 320). Is there a way to stop from defaulting into great prophets at 500, 800, 1200?

2. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

You have basically 3 choices:

1. you can buy missionaries and spread you religion faster

2. Alternatively you can plant those prophets

3. alternatively buy inqusitors if you dont want prophet to born.

Usually choice one is best.. 2 and 3 are situational and depend more from dififculty level etc

Making holy cites is good on immortal because game is proly going to last long

3. aafritz17

aafritz17 Moderator Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter

Two other thoughts:

Buy a missionary with every other settler (or every one, if it works), and send it with the settler. Insta-convert the city and buy your two buildings, all on the same turn. Then the missionary hangs around for the next settler. (If you're buying one/settler, then use their remaining conversion on the new city's neighbors.)

Also, when you reach a certain era (pretty sure it's the Industrial) the game stops auto-buying GPr, then this problem goes away.

4. meatball20

meatball20 rockhound

I got industrial too. Railroad and alluminum

5. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

I like my Interfaith Dialog when I've got a ton of faith. I have no problem planting my 500 and 800 prophets, either, but my 1200 prophet just isn't going to make the faith back. Better to buy the missionaries before it comes to that and get the science.