How much time do you spend with a game?

mbalazs

Chieftain
Hello!
Maybe its interisting enough to open a topic for it and I am so curious for the others results in this "timekiller" game :)
The longest strategic game was the Heroes of Might & Magic4 before I started to play civ3 and that was easy money in compared by the civ3. :)
On deity level on tiny map with aztec I finished game in about 400BC with conquest. I spend about 11 hours before the monitor.
The small map was a bit longer it was ~ 16 hours.

Whats your results? I have heard stories about finishing a tiny map (on deity) in 2-3 hours ?!? Is it possible?
Maybe I spend to much time with thinking the right movement of my units,workers or with saving & loading the game to finish a round perfectly. Don't know. Is there some trick for it?

And know I've just started a deity huge map...!:)

Balazs

I never play on anything other than huge maps, usually spend ~a month on a game.

I play on the biggest maps I can and games can last months. If I want short and quick ill sneak in a game of Shogun or AOE.

**** 100 **** wooo hooo

DasScoot and others who play for so long on large maps - as I do myself - how do you ever win? I am currently playing a large map and there is only 1 opponent left. We both have SDI and all techs researched. War is hopeless way to win. Takes hours to take a single city and they have a 20 or more cities to take.

If one wants to win by conquest, what is the key?

Originally posted by xraptorx
DasScoot and others who play for so long on large maps - as I do myself - how do you ever win? I am currently playing a large map and there is only 1 opponent left. We both have SDI and all techs researched. War is hopeless way to win. Takes hours to take a single city and they have a 20 or more cities to take.

Easy - I don't :p I mean, I've won by 'histogram' victory or whatever it's called, but I'm not really interested in that aspect of the game. In my current game I'm somewhere around year 2500...yea, it can take a while.

On the average, I usually spend about 200 hours per game on a huge map and the huge map is what I usually play.

200 hours. Awesome. Maybe the game will be a bit shorter in C3C or not?

Originally posted by DasScoot
I never play on anything other than huge maps, usually spend ~a month on a game.

Same here... + all civs.
Sometime more than a month, depending if i get some time during the week. (I play mainly on w/e.)

Usually play with standard maps, it takes me anything from 16 to 20 hours to finish a game.

I play standard maps.....usually takes about 22 or 25 hours

my huge map pangea conquest win as the ottomans took me about 3 months to complete and 76 hours

I play standard maps and it takes me on average about 16-18 hours per game.

It really depends upon how many skirmishes I have in a given game. It generally requires about 40 hours for a game on a standard map on Emperor, and about 50 hours on a large map on that same setting. On easier levels, it doesn't take as long, because I don't have to go to war (or get dragged into one) as often.

Originally posted by xraptorx

Most games are over by the early Industrial. Often it ends with a tank rush and sometimes, but rarely with Modern armour. SDI I almost never get to, I think Ive built one nuke in the past 12mts.

Domination or Cultural victory is how I win most of my games, occasionaly a spaceship but not often. In fact the last time I was building a spaceship I triggered a domination before I managed to get it finished

Play on Emperor and the occasional Diety, were I cop most of my floggings.

Too much time.

I couldn't tell you how long my longest was. My shortest was about 16 hours, I think.

I seem to recall having a 57 hour game, too. But I could be off on that.

Generally, tho, I don't keep track. When I did, it was when I first got the game and this feature wasn't available.

It took me 39 hours to complete my last game which is about average for me when I play a huge map on Warlord level or below. It takes longer at a higher level.

At the moment I am turning off all but one of the victory conditions. I've done the space race and diplomacy and am now on my least favourite - Conquest! I'm slow because I like to savour the game. I love exploring and developing my cities and territory but get a bit bored by the modern age. In my current game I am somewhere around 1625 AD and am now ready to start on the pesky AI that will keep trespassing on my territory with their puny spearmen! And heh, how can the scientific achievement of the AI be equal to mine when I have at least six techs more than them? Could they be spending a higher percentage of their income on research? I thought I had put a stop to that by selling them luxuries for lots of their income! :D :crazyeye:

As far as i remember my longest game on a standard map took me three weeks(4-5 hours a day),but usually i finish a game on a standard map always(never play the huge ones)in 24-48 hours.
...Did i win...?:D :p

Top Bottom