1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How Much Trouble Should I Expect from this Volcanic Cluster?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by isau, Mar 1, 2019.

1. isau

isau Deity

Granted, I am playing with mods, but how much trouble should I expect from these volcanoes? Disaster threshold is set to the default (2). Is it safe to build anything near them? One already exploded and reduced the population of the capital by 1, plus nourished some nearby tiles. Is this going to wreck me later?

upload_2019-3-1_17-12-20.png

2. Cherenkov

Cherenkov Chieftain

Active volcanoes are a blessing especially on default disaster which only affect adjacent tiles. Just don't put districts there as they will take damage and need repairs.

PS I'd buy that horse tile at the active volcano and get it worked, will help your city a lot. Also try to keep a worker around with 1 charge to repair future eruptions. Get enough eruptions and those tiles will be pumping out a lot of food and gears.

Checkout my screenshot in this thread if you want to see how OP those volcano tiles can get: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/is-early-war-deity-thing-of-the-past.642496/#post-15384746 8 food, 9 gears on one tile lol, but don't make the mistake I did putting districts around it :)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  3. greenblade

greenblade Chieftain

Nice city!

Governor Liang has a promotion that prevents most of the loses from environmental effects (maybe the only exception is pop lose). If you can put her in this city for the rest of the game, then you're golden. Just remember to chop & harvest around these volcanoes as early as possible, before the eruptions wipe them out.

4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019