How much will you pay to stop abortion?

How much would you pay to stop abortion?

• Total voters

Mark1031

Deity
Well if it is made illegal you can pay through government support of the unwanted babies. Although, I'm sure if you offered financial support to pregnant women considering abortion (eg. you will adopt the baby and provide full child support if she raises it) you could save many fetuses. Please this thread is not about bashing the mothers for being pregnant and that she should have thought about that before spreading her legs!! This is about the babies that will result from closing off her desired option. Who is willing to put their money where their mouth is and support these babies once they are actually born?

EDIT: For Students with little or no income what would you be willing to pay throughout your working life at your anticipated income.

We could cut billions in pork-barrell spending to pay for it.

The government money can be spent much better, for example in education: First help the kids that are in this world, and then care for new ones.

Of course, if we just cut down military spendings to a reasonable size, we would have enough money to do both...

I would not mind paying as much as is necessary for the kids, although I would much rather government fat is trimmed first.

John HSOG said:
We could cut billions in pork-barrell spending to pay for it.

But Tom DeLay announced that after 11 years of Republican control of congress all the government fat has finally been cut. :lol: In any case cutting waste doesn't mean you aren't paying for the babies just not for the waste.

Nothing, and trimming government fat to pay for child care is still a great idea if there's less reason to have an abortion.
(Yes, I'm pro-choice, but I still think abortions are sad and that they should be minimized.)

I think I should put "Pro-Death" in my title or something.

That say, I can think of some things that could have their funding cut in favour of programmes to minimize abortions. (Yes, consies, I'm afraid that would incl state support of contraception.)

40% of my salary is closest to $10,000/yr.

That's a waste of money.

abortion is a waste of life

Even another solution to paying for these children would be for the Federal Government to sell some of the 600 million acres of land that the government has absolutely no use for. It would save tons each year not having to maintain these lands and for making payments in lieu of taxes to state and local governments.

Since I'm not a fan of giving money to the government to support anyone anyway, I'm not sure why I would give more in this scenario.

I'm pro-life, by the way.

John HSOG said:
Even another solution to paying for these children would be for the Federal Government to sell some of the 600 million acres of land that the government has absolutely no use for. It would save tons each year not having to maintain these lands and for making payments in lieu of taxes to state and local governments.

Granted but this is not the government waste thread. Let's say all government waste is eleminated and the budget is balanced. I'll take any extra as a tax rebate and let abortion continue. How about you?

I suppose im technically pro-choice, but if by paying 100 bucks a year in extra taxes, we wouldnt need it anymore, id consider it tax money well spent.

Since im a broke college student, thats all i could possiibly afford anyways

I would support a move to criminalize abortion and to use existing federal income that is currently used for various purposes to support and care for the children who may or may not become orphans.

John HSOG said:
I would support a move to criminalize abortion and to use existing federal income that is currently used for various purposes to support and care for the children who may or may not become orphans.

You should run for office :lol: . OK How much do you anticipate allocating per orphan per year should it be needed.

I'd pay my fair share of the government-estimated cost.

(The question, as you pose it, is absurd. "How much would you pay to save a life?" "Um...")

im pro choice but if i can help a mother from getting an abortion, then i will fork over $1000 a year to help support them.

cgannon64 said:
I'd pay my fair share of the government-estimated cost.

(The question, as you pose it, is absurd. "How much would you pay to save a life?" "Um...")

How is it absurd? How much would you pay. You know that you can save lives with money. Relatively little when applied to the 3rd world lives.

Top Bottom