How much work would it take to tweak civ6?

planetfall

Emperor
I'm new to civ6, in previous build I could use world builder and xml editing to reach my goals. Civ6 has changed so much, I need to know if it would take a long time or a short time to change the game the way I link to play it.

Here is a sample of items I like to change:
tech benefits (usually don't change order or costs, just what happens when research a tech)
unit characteristics: build cost, maintenance cost, powers, movement, range, unit life span, etc. (I'll raise or lower depending if want want AI to warmonger or be peace warlord)
general gameplay: corruption changes, warmonger changes, nuke use changes, and religion changes.

I'm not as skilled as most. I can do xml editing easily. Some C familarity, but rusty. Some scripting skills. Don't care for C++, python, or OO languages. No sql experience. It seems straight foreward like scripting.

For example, I would probably begin with settler level and change cost of unit maintenance and number of units allowed per tile as those are the two most annoying aspects of civ6.

Thank you for you advice.

XML editors still work, so will probably be good. But if someone could share a link to where to put mod files, that would be great. My method is to just use a renamed backup file of orig.

This is super easy. "unit characteristics: build cost, maintenance cost, powers, movement, range, unit life span, etc."

You can use either XML or SQL to mod and I use SQL. Just place the mod in your Mods folder. I suggest you to download a simple mod and figure out how it works.

Top Bottom