How often do you build the Great Library?

How often in a random game do you pursue it?

• Virtually always (95%+)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 65-95%

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 40-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15-40%

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Less

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without marble I never really build it. Even with marble, I'll only really build it in very specific scenarios. Maybe I'm isolated with tons of forest and only have one city with good GP generation, so I want to get another city to pop at least one scientist without having to stagnate at size 4-6 or whatever. Where I think it is really good is if you get both stone & marble, because then you at least get two rep scientists if you have mids. The problem is you have to go for literature pretty early to get it, and if you're getting early literature then the music race becomes tempting and everything else might get delayed a bit(assuming you can't just trade for math, iso or semi-iso).

Used to be must have but playing more dom/con games means focusing on the war techs a little earlier. Another, If I look up and it's still there and I have marble. OK. But after the early rush, music is a requirement if your going to lib for Cruis. so it's not wasted research.

One nice aspect of GLib (imho) is that it reduces the need for CoL and caste-system, you can comfortable stay in slavery for longer.
Build GLib + natepic in a city and most GPGeneration is taken care of and you can focus entierly on other stuff.

I think the whole aesth-line, GLib (and therefore liberalism) are better plays on deity than on lower difficulties. Aesth usually solves the trade game and on deity you often can't expand early (via war or not) as much as you want, making cuir breakouts a strong play.

If I have marble I almost always make a run at it. It’s even better if you have Pyramids, but it’s rare for me to have both Stone and Marble and the time to build both. So if I capture Pyramids I try quite hard to get Glib, even if I have to chop it out.

I voted 65-95%

Top Bottom