How old were your parents when you were born?

How old were your parents when you were born?

• Total voters

Mirc

Not mIRC!!!
Simple question, inspired by the numerous "how old are you", "what month were you born in" threads. :D

So how old were your parents when you were born? I noticed my parents are usually older than anyone else's of my age, though I've seen some exceptions too.

Votes are public only so that people don't vote for all the options in the poll. :D

25 and 24 IIRC - I am not even entierly sure what year they were born in either >.<

Simple question, inspired by the numerous "how old are you", "what month were you born in" threads. :D

So how old were your parents when you were born? I noticed my parents are usually older than anyone else's of my age, though I've seen some exceptions too.

Votes are public only so that people don't vote for all the options in the poll. :D

They were old, actually, about 30. My father has two kids from his previous marriage.

Dad 29 and mom 28.

I think it's best to get your first kid before you hit 30.

They were both twenty, and had been dating for like 2 months. I was kinda unexpected and a quick marriage ensued :lol:

The amazing thing is that despite this incredible bad start, they managed to beat the odds and are still together after 30 years, with 3 more kids (one of them unplanned also :lol: )

My father was 38, almost 39. :p And I was the first child (and the only). So as of now my assumption that my parents are significantly older than normal is right. Not that I have a problem with that. :) I believe my father is a lot wiser than when he was 20... :)

Oh and my mother was 28, almost 39 too.

My father was 38, almost 39. :p And I was the first child (and the only). So as of now my assumption that my parents are significantly older than normal is right. Not that I have a problem with that. :) I believe my father is a lot wiser than when he was 20... :)

Oh and my mother was 28, almost 39 too.

By Romanian standards, that's not so bad. :p

:lol::goodjob: I'm sure she will love that :)

:lol: Sorry I meant to say she was pretty close to her birthday, so also closer to 1 year more in regard to her actual age, compared to her actual age, same as my father. I know this phrase sounds like it doesn't make much sense, but I think it does. :D

I tend to do all kinds of funny stupid mistakes today... :p

By Romanian standards, that's not so bad. :p

That was considered such a big event when it happened that news about her health were everywhere on TV 3-5 times a day, before and a bit after she gave birth to her child. It was considered so important because it was a world record at its time. :) But I don't think world record are such a big deal anyway. :p

The way I see it you can have kids one of two ways. One, you can have them early (mid to low 20s), raise them and get them out of the house before you are 50 years old and then enjoy life....

Or.

You can go an enjoy life and not have kids until your mid 30s and then deal with kids and stuff till your mid 60s or so.

My dad was 35 years old when I was born. I had my first kid when I was 24. In my opinion, having your kids in your mid-20s means you are a little bit more in touch with them by their teen years. The age gap was so great between my Dad and me, that we never, ever had anything in common.

There are pros and cons to both. But I can tell that me being a younger father has helped a huge amount in my relating to my kids....and that in turn has helped them out a lot as well.

My dad was 104 and my mom was 5.

We are talking age...not IQ here. :lol:

They were both twenty, and had been dating for like 2 months. I was kinda unexpected and a quick marriage ensued :lol:

The amazing thing is that despite this incredible bad start, they managed to beat the odds and are still together after 30 years, with 3 more kids (one of them unplanned also :lol: )

Similar experience here . Both were 18 (married 9..ish months before I was born)

Were happily married for 42 years.Supplied me with 3 siblings.

Sadly my father passed away in February. Otherwise they'd be happily married still.

You coulda done averages to thwart the multiple-choice-poll-trolls...

My parents were both 23, and had been married for 4 months when I was born. :) (How long does it take to plan a wedding?)

My father was 36 and my mother was 38 when I was born. They'd been married for almost 17 years at that point.

Top Bottom