1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How quickly do cities regenerate health now?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by wastecan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Trickster7135

Trickster7135 Prince

Sieges in real life can take months or years before the offense wins or gives up, especially in the middle ages before the advent of cannons. In modern times, it requires numerous air strikes as well as a ground offensive to take a well fortified city, and even then it takes awhile. Look at the mess in Libya. Destroyed fortifications are constantly being rebuilt and supplies are smuggled in. If you could take a well fortified city in a turn or two, it not only wouldn't be realistic, it'd be pretty boring as well.

2. Babri

Babri Emperor

Thats why I said that cities should have higher strength & strength boosts from defences but lower healing rate. Right now the best strategy is to attack the city ( walls & castles constructed) with lightning speed & capture it quickly as if you let that city live for a turn or two it would heal quickly.

3. Babri

Babri Emperor

:confused:
    I am not proposing nerfing the cities. What I am proposing is to boost their strength or HP while nerf their healing capability. You can check previous posts in the topic. I've given the reasons why I want this.

4. LostInTime

LostInTime Warlord

No, a lot of the reason why the "AI" sucks at combat, is that the cities are strong. I can hold my cities with ridiculously few units, and kill at least half the invading army in the process. This isn't right, and it gets silly offensively as well. You can lose hard earned veterans very easily because of a siege unit inside the enemy city+bombard without doing anything "wrong". If they improved the defensive AI a bit, you would have hell getting a war right.
    I feel the current system is lacking both in gameplay and realism, so the current way doesn't make sense either way. (I would be far more forgiving if it made for better gameplay, which I don't think it does)

5. Babri

Babri Emperor

So what do you think about my suggestion ? ;)