How R8XFT makes leaderheads and pcxs

Hey, I see Michael 3 for free on the DAZ Studio page. But I couldn't find any info on the head morphs.

Edit: nvm, I was viewing this page and after the dl finished for Michael 3 I did not click refresh before posting, so I didn't see your post.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
How do you make the advisor pcx, that part is really confusing me....:crazyeye: Thankyou for any assistance anyone can give me.

I'd like to know the exact pixel dimensions of this .pcx's also.
YL_all.pcx, right?

Guys, it is honestly really easy - but time consuming. The first thing you need to do is open an existing XX_all (I seem to always use Firaxis' Abraham Lincoln) and change the colour of the parts outside the bubbleheads from black to the R255 G0 B255 colour. Then increase the number of colours to 16 million. This allows you to clone. Open your happy, neutral and angry shots and reduce the size to around 60%, which should give them dimensions of around 120x144 pixels. Then it's a matter of cloning them exactly into those circles. Take your time. Reduce your cloning tool to about 3 pixels and do it carefully. If you're doing a single-era pcx, all you need to do with the other eras is clone the first era - you can even increase the clone tool to about 20 pixels, but be careful if you do that.

Assuming you don't have a pallette set up for when you reduce your pcx to 256, this is what you do in Paintshop Pro (I don't use any other program, so cannot advise on any other package): reduce the image to 256 colours (colours>decrease colour depth). Click on colours>edit pallette. Copy the colours that are indexed at 254 and 255 into the colours indexed at 1 and 2 (normally, the first few slots are taken up with almost black colours). Then change colour 254 to R0 G255 B0 and change colour 255 to R255 G 0 B255. Click on colours>save pallette and save as civ.pal (save type being PAL - jasc pallette). Don't worry about how your image looks at the moment. Then select edit>undo edit pallette and then edit>undo decrease colours to 256. Now we're back to the 16 million colour version that looks fine. Click on colours>load pallette and load civ.pal. The pcx is now done. You can (if you wish) change the colour indexed at 255 to R0 G0 B0 to make it black outside the bubbleheads. I do this. If the surrounding areas all changes to black, then you know it's going to be transparent in the game, as that area must all be from colour 255, which is the transparent colour.

I hope this all makes sense and is of help to you :) !

so its possible to do it without the head morphs, ive been searching on kazza and emule but no luck, i guess you have to pay.

poncedeleon101 said:
so its possible to do it without the head morphs, ive been searching on kazza and emule but no luck, i guess you have to pay.
We don't endorse kazza or emule here; yes, you'd have to pay; without the head morphs, you can still create leaderheads, but the head morphs allows you more flexibility to make the heads look realistic and different.

Is it anyway to do just with poser? In my works computer I got poser 7. Or is it any other program (free) that I could use?

R8XFT's method definitely uses Poser, so his tutorial won't help if you're using something different. It would certainly be possible to create leaderheads with other software - aaglo has done it with POVray - but Poser is easier to use. If you have Poser 7 then definitely use that.

Is poser 7 now more flexible and easier to use than poser 5?

Sorry, I wrote this right before going to bed, I guess I was to tired, and didn't wright it "clear".

What I meant to say was:

Can I make the LH with just Poser? Or do I need to have the Michael 3 software?

If I need to have Michael 3:

Is it that software, free, or if not, is another free software that could replace that one?

@polyphemus:
Sorry but I haven't try the poser 7 yet, so I wouldn't be able to answer your question.

Michael 3 isn't software; it's a figure, that is, a model that you import into Poser. It is free from DAZ (at least it was when I got it) as is the female equivalent, Victoria 3. But you have to pay for the morphs, which are a sort of add-on to the figure which allow you to alter the features. I think DAZ give away these basic models to get you hooked and then charge through the nose for all the accessories.

You don't have to use Michael 3 if you don't want to though. You can use the figure that comes with Poser, and then use the Face Room to alter its face. That's what I did for my Haile Selassie LH. I think Michael 3 is more versatile though, and better suited to LHs.

You don't have to use Michael 3 if you don't want to though. You can use the figure that comes with Poser, and then use the Face Room to alter its face. That's what I did for my Haile Selassie LH. I think Michael 3 is more versatile though, and better suited to LHs.
That would only be if you purchase the morphs though. On it's own, the figure is just like a normal poser figure.

I really wanted to get into making leaderheads so I got it and went by your guide but at the stage of adding clothes and hair I got stuck. How do you do this? I tried to go by other tutorials but when I do, the clothes I try to conform to the figure (And scale to 120%) don't show up properly on the figure. I tried to use the tuxedo as well as the suit top as an alternative on the body but it comes up as a torn up mix of a mess with the figure's skin overlapping some parts of the suit and vica versa. It looks horrible! It's a big mess!

How do you add clothes, hair and props?

Top Bottom