1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How should modding Civ5 be different than 4?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by cephalo, Feb 24, 2010.

1. cephalo

cephalo Chieftain

One thing I would like to see changed is how multiplayer is implimented. Rather than try to keep everything in sync, I would like one computer running the game and the others act as slaves. OOS errors have been a huge problem with many mods. For someone who's learning to mod, that's a huge complication.

Also, I would really like to see some more documentation this time. You can do almost anything with Civ4, but it took the community years to really become fluent emough to have that kind of control.

2. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I'd like to see more things removed from the .exe. Firaxis was really good to us with BtS and everything but there were still some annoying things that we couldn't get to. Ex. clouds, the start menu...

Anyways, I'd be content with keeping it pretty much the same with the earliest release of the source code as possible. The earlier we have the core, the more heavy coding can be done.