Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This poll will decide what method to use to choose our opponents.

How should we choose our opponents?
Select them
Make a short list, then random choice
Fully random (no short list)
Other (please specify)
Abstain

Counting the results
If any selection gets a majority, we'll use that method.
If no majority, but the largest choice has at least 10% more votes than the next choice, the largest vote choice prevails.
If no majority and 2nd place is closer than 10% from 1st place, a runoff will be held between those choices.

Link to discussion thread.

4 days, public.

Shortlist them and randomize.

I'm in favor of random so long as we exclude the leader we get. So should I vote other? :confused:

Another question, is the ten percent based on the number of voters in the poll, the number who voted for the option that garners the highest vote total, the number who voted for the option getting the second hightest number of votes, or some other figure?

Wait, I'm not done, are abstain votes counted or not when figuring the majority and / ot ten percent?

Wait, one more thing: is this a multiple choice poll or can we only vote for one option?

EDIT: The link to the discussion thread is not a link.

I'm in favor of random so long as we exclude the leader we get. So should I vote other? :confused:

Civ in-game randomizer automatically avoids duplicate leaders.

I always have and always will play fully random opponents

Short list->random

Fully random

BTW, how many opponents are we playing against? (The settings of this game????)

I think we ought to pick map size and then decide whether we want to use the regular/recommended number of opponents or a different number...

I think we ought to pick map size and then decide whether we want to use the regular/recommended number of opponents or a different number...

Furius is right. However, please choose a map size that most users' computer can handle. Otherwise.........

Top Bottom