How should we deal with the Chinese alliance when it expires in 4 turns?

Which of these options should we pursue in 4 turns?

• Continue our current deal (we pay 16gpt)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Renegotiate this alliance, hoping for a better deal

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • End our alliance with the Chinese

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eyrei

Deity
Retired Moderator
Official Poll:

Should we renegotiate, end or continue our alliance with the Chinese against the Persians when it expires in 4 turns. We are paying them 16gpt at the moment, and we may be able to reduce this amount by renegotiating. Keep in mind that if you want peace with Persia, we should not renew this deal.

Renegotiate. Who knows, we might get a tech out of it...

I say Renegotiate the deal. As Chieftess said, We might get a Tech out of that deal :).

I voted to end the alliance. I no longer see a need for the war. If China wants to attack, they will anyway. We are trying to shore up our relations with them and if that doesn't work, war is inevitable. Just let it run out and keep an open dialog with them to keep their attitude as high as possible and a little gold in their pocket. maybe a 5gpt gift would work.

Great. Nine votes to renegotiate the deal and prolong the war by 20 turns. Does anyone seriously think we will get a tech out of this? What happens if we renegotiate and the Chines want us to pay them for the alliance? Do we end it then?

We should end our alliance, so that our options are clear. I see no reason to commit to another twenty turns of phony war or otherwise.

Bump.

I think we should continue it. I mean, were probably going to have to end up fighting Persia again so why not do it now?

Top Bottom