1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How the AI goes through the civic tree

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by dagriggstar, Jan 18, 2018.

1. dagriggstar

dagriggstar Chieftain

Not sure what the shortest descriptive title of my issue would be....

So I hate the policy card mechanic. Too much timing and micro involved and it only really (to me) leads to frustration. So I removed all the policies. Obviously this meant culture didn't really do anything in game, so I removed all the civics (transferring wonders etc over to the tech tree). My replacement civic tree is basically each civic will give you either a trade slot, settler or worker (these units can no longer be built, only attained via civics) or a new set of governments.

With the new civic tree, I have a problem where the AI will always simply research the civic with the smallest cost. I think this is too predictable. I want the AI leaders to make different civic choices to each other.

So my question is how do I influence AI civic choices so that they are different from each other and different every game ?

2. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

In the leaders.xml file it shows how to make preferred techs and civics for individual leaders. Different every game could be done by adding preferred civics to the random agendas.

3. dunkleosteus

dunkleosteus Lieutenant Commander

Just here to comment on this, I think it's pretty crazy that Firaxis increases difficulty by giving the AI tons of bonuses when the decision making process is as simple as "whatever's cheapest".

4. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

That’s not how it works in vanilla because they have preferred civics and there is some hard coding about research paths. It’s only like that in the OPs mod because it removes all of the vanilla civics.

dunkleosteus likes this.