How to achieve ECONOMIC VICTORY???

FinnMcCool

Crazy in the right way...
I've gotten a 105% victory being declared Supreme Leader (easy as the Peacekeepers...) and have transcended as the Gians, but for the life of me I can't achieve Economic Victory...

I've gotten several tens of thousands of credits and when I hit HQ->Corner The Energy Market I always get a message that it takes millions of credits, and if I take over several enemy cities, get more credits, and build lots of Probe teams, and try the Corner Energy Market, the message tells me an even HIGHER energy reserve is necessary!!

Is this possibly due to a speck of dust on my CD? Has anyone out there actually achieved Economic Victory? And if so, what happens?

The enemy factions have to be so weak that you can buy them outright. I've found that if you can get economic victory, you should be able to get a vote for Supreme Leader--unless you've committed atrocities.

You have to have enough money to buy all the enemy cities in your reservers. I have done it. Its like using the probe team action that gets you the city in exchange for energy, only on each and every city thats not yours. So if you can get huge amounts of cash really early and beeline to the tech its possible, otherwise you have to wait until you can crush the opponents and then buy them out. If you have large enemies with lots of cities with lots of population, it will be very expensive. If you have a handful of opponents with small weak empires and small populations, its easier. I have done it twice. One early one as Morgan, an other just to see if I could get more points that a diplomatic victory as Yang... I don't remember if I got more points now but at the time I wanted to see, the next game I focused solely on an early economic victory...

Yes you get a higher score with economic victory. Ive done it several times, the trick is to ensure that all of your bases are built up with the best energy production facilites and what not. Try to minimalize costs by having a smaller military as well. When you get to the later game and the other factions are well built up however it's best to take a faction or two out before trying.

spycatcher34 said:
Yes you get a higher score with economic victory. Ive done it several times, the trick is to ensure that all of your bases are built up with the best energy production facilites and what not. Try to minimalize costs by having a smaller military as well. When you get to the later game and the other factions are well built up however it's best to take a faction or two out before trying.

Military units have no effect on economy, only mineral production.

economic victory :
done it once with lal on citizen level . not so much with money as with brute power .
Hive and Morgan were out by war and the other weak (beiliver surnerd ) .
I could easily elect myself suprem leader .
the thing is not to spend on upgrade no rush building and a balanced economy with profit. if the ask for loan and you grant them half even if they don't pay there situation is bad .
when I tried to corner the market first the price was 10,000 energy and did not have it .I reload the game capture some cityaand price go down to 5000 energy now haad to wait some turn in this time all base were stockpiling energy and heavy defence on HQ .this was a boring victory even conquest or diplomaatic is more chalenging.

I suspected that it would take eliminating the resistance and buying them out. I AM DISAPPOINTED. I always hoped that economic victory could be achieved by playing pacifist. Free Market and Wealth are so anti-combat that if you adopt them, you're a weak military. Cripes. This is a glitch in Lord Meier's planning, if you ask me.

So, I'm trying it out with a few tweaks to the faction profiles. Giving +2 ECONOMY to Morgan, and an extra plus for all the other factions... :king:

In my experience, generally an economic victory will come earlier than the others since it takes less cash to corner the market. And it most certainly can be done with a fairly peaceful play but by far, most easily, if you're Morgan and you play the game from the git-go with that victory in mind. Do everything you can to maximize the energy production. If needed you can use your money to buy peace to avoid diverting too much production to units vice energy storage. Use probe teams liberally to start wars among the AI factions to keep them busy and when you have to fight make it quick and costly for the other faction. Seize some of their bases, especially the more vulnerable sea bases. You want to keep them from accumulating cash reserves.

BTW - be sure to play with random events off! The energy market crash event is a killer.l :(

I achieved ECONOMIC VICTORY without much battle (just 1 war with the gaians, and only taking 3 bases from them). In thinker and Transcendi.

Its easy if youre Morgan and stays in Free Market and Wealth. Doesnt need to amass the oposition. Its easier than you think, and is not a design error by uncle Sid.

It is theoretically possible to win Econ and Transcendence (the latter being my favorite--just like CivIII Space Race!) without much of a military at all, and if you go Diplo you just need to have a big one; you don't need to use it (speak softly and carry a HUGE stick). Actually, only Conquest truly requires you to go to war.

It's possible to win Economically without a huge military. However, you have to make sure that the other factions are kept at war with each other constantly to prevent any of them from having considerable amounts of cash or large bases on hand. You only need to enter the fighting yourself if one faction threatens to eliminate another - Economic victory is much easier when there are 6 small opponent factions than when there are 2 big ones.

Top Bottom