How to Acivate custom music?

solops

Warlord
How do you get the game to play custom music? The manual is bloody useless. The operational part of the two sentences devoted to the audio portion of the options screen says "Once again, (roll over) the options to learn more about them." Not only is that totally useless, it is wrong. Nothing happens when you "roll over" the "Custom Music" box or the "Browse" box. Come on guys, this is really pathetic documentation. The whole music thing is clumsily implemented. All I want to do is to get the OpeningMenu and OpeningSlideshow tracts to play in every era. And I might get rid of the aweful modern era stuff and replace it with a medley of the other period.

Why in the world didn't you keep it simple, making the addition or deletion of files to the various sound folders sufficient to change the game?

Anyway, to repeat: How do you get the game to play custom music? I have yet to find an adequate and satisfactory answer.

You'll need all your music in a separate folder - I have mine within iTunes. Within Civ4, go to OPTIONS, then click the Audio tab. You'll see a checkbox for 'Custom Music Folder'; click that and then browse for your folder. The game will play your own music provided you are not zoomed in too far (reverts to original) or zoomed out to planet view (no music plays).

Get rockin'.

Thank you. That was a very concise, practical and helpful answer.

Beyond my competence -- although I guess you could alter the contents of the original music folders.

Top Bottom