1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to add or remove Invisibility

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by Bosparan, May 19, 2016.

1. Bosparan

Bosparan Chieftain

Hello,

I'm trying to enable and disable the invisibility-ability of individual submarines on the fly. I've given up trying to make that happen on the xml side, since by now its a stat on the units table and there simply are no methods implemented to change that property for individual units.

So I've tried editing the submarines directly using Lua, but couldn't figure out how to make it work.
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Bosparan

PS:
    Specifically, I'm trying to add promotions for submarines, and one path should give the player a way to trade invisibility for substantial boni. Then I also added a promotion that allows it to carry a plane, and whenever a fighter launches, the submarine should be detected...