how to addo more than 12 players in multiplayer?

stimpen

Chieftain
How do I add more than 12 players on huge map in multiplayer?
In ordinary civ 5 you could change the maps number of players in this file:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\cid meier's civilization v\Assets\Gameplay
XML\GameInfo\CIV5Worlds.xml

but when I start a MP game when kings and gods is installed it doesent seem to care about my settings in that file and set nr of players to 12.

Is there a new file I have to change in to be able to add more players?

And why do they only have the option of 12 players on a huge map? it takes hours before you meet each other and no action whatsoever. Me and my friend really lika to play these huge epic games with alot of AIs etc. Why cant they provide this option for us in the game?

Moderator Action: Moved to MP.

Yeah the option to decrease the number of Civs is available, but not increase... Major oversight for multiplayers. :mad:

Also its unstable to have more than 8 (human) players in a match and prety much 100% guarentee for the game to crash

8 Humans is still risky but works most of the time.

This thread was moved so I just want to point out that this problem only exists in G&K. Not all Civ5 multiplayer.

(Always bugged me that there are so many forums kept for Civ5 and one specific forum only for expansion.)

You need to find the CIV5Worlds.xml file for G&K.

It is in a different folder - expansion or dlc or something.

Then just change the number as before (22 max)

If I do this, and I am the one starting a Hotseat (GMR) game, do the other players need to change this .xml as well? ...or will it work because I set up the game? I really, really want to do this.

If I do this, and I am the one starting a Hotseat (GMR) game, do the other players need to change this .xml as well? ...or will it work because I set up the game? I really, really want to do this.

You are aware that a GMR game with more than twelve players would take a gazillion years right? I'd probably join...

I just registered in this site to say thanks to every one :) we(me and a friend) are going to start a big map 2 humans vs 20 AI, its going to be beautifullllllllllllllllllllll!

I changed the "Civ5Worlds.xml" file to add more players, but it doesn't register and still has the default players for each map. Am I missing something? :badcomp:

I just registered in this site to say thanks to every one :) we(me and a friend) are going to start a big map 2 humans vs 20 AI, its going to be beautifullllllllllllllllllllll!

Where you able to do this? Please tell us how you did if you where able to add more than 12 players to a mp game

Ok I think I found G&K map settings in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Worlds.xml

It was set on 12 for the huge map. I will now see if it works with 22 civs instead.

And it did work! Havent played a MP game yet but I set one up and I could choose 22 civs! :)

When I add more than 8 players in multiplayer it says "not supported", but if I read this thread right there is no problem to add lots of AI's as long as there isn't more than 8 real players?

Top Bottom