• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How to allow artillery sinking ships?

Corvenus

Chieftain
Joined
Jan 22, 2002
Messages
12
Is there an option in the editor to allow catapult/cannon/artillery (and perhaps planes) to sink ships?

-corv-
 
You will be able to toggle lethal sea and land bombardment on or off independently for any unit in the game that has the bombard ability.


Dan
 
will this effect how cruise missiles are used? meaning with the cruise missile tag, will we still have to flag the lethal land/sea bombardment for it to kill units or will the cruise missile flag still make it possible to kill units with one strike?

Also does the lethal bombardment also usable with air bombing?
 
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
You will be able to toggle lethal sea and land bombardment on or off independently for any unit in the game that has the bombard ability.


Dan
Wow. That would help a lot.

As it is now, is the damage affected by the number of hitpoints left?
 
Dan,

Since you're here, are you planning to address the tech-trading problems introduced by 1.17?

I'm sure you know what I mean, but in case you don't, look at my thread titled "Soren - new tech trading has ruined this game." It has almost 140 replies, mostly concurring that the fun factor has been seriously undermined by these most recent changes.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17202&highlight=tech+soren+ruined

I love this game and all the changes made in 1.17, EXCEPT THAT ONE! Thanks for an otherwise fantastic experience.
 
The new abilities will come in the form of two new unit abilities, and yes you will be able to use them with air units. As far as I know the existing system simply wouldn't allow a bombard action to deal the deathblow to a unit unless it was a missile. This new flag simply removes that restriction.

There are plenty of other goodies coming, I'll have to leave some suspense for you all... :crazyeye:

Dan
 
You should also make sure the Ai cant trade techs during your turn. And perhaps, the AI should be more concerned with developing thier cities and infrastructure.

And you should be able to automatically eject units. And a good feature would be for you to negotiate and set fixed borders.
 
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
The new abilities will come in the form of two new unit abilities, and yes you will be able to use them with air units. As far as I know the existing system simply wouldn't allow a bombard action to deal the deathblow to a unit unless it was a missile. This new flag simply removes that restriction.

There are plenty of other goodies coming, I'll have to leave some suspense for you all... :crazyeye:

Dan

Hell, don't stop now!! We have enough suspense just wondering when we can expect to see these new changes. Good Lord, does this mean I will have to redo my mod from scratch again?

One thing I'd really like to see added is the corruption model in Governments expanded into two options. The first would be a choice of a Centralized or a Communal model, the second would determine the degree of corruption for each. I'm really hoping you can make my wish come true. :D
 
I'd just like to know if they're re-working the 1.17 tech-trading system at all. As long as thats addressed, they can do whatever else they'd like to the game as far as i'm concerned. :D
 
ive got 2 things:

1) Y not tell us anymore about the new patch

2) Will some of the bugs from 1.17f be fixed, such as army unloading and others(cant think off the top of my head:p )

And I think its great that people from fixaris are actually listening to people in forums on the web....:)
 
Originally posted by Goat_Guy
And I think its great that people from fixaris are actually listening to people in forums on the web....:)

Me too, i've been pretty vocal about 1.17, but it is great to see a company so involved in the community. :)
 
I would like to see something added to the editor that would allow the creator to place specific civs in specific starting points. For one, you could actually have a world map with country's in thier "proper" geographic places. Yes, having random placement can "keep the field even" and spontanious. But I really think that having this option could be a lot of fun! just my 2 cents... :)
 
Originally posted by Goat_Guy
ive got 2 things:

1) Y not tell us anymore about the new patch

2) Will some of the bugs from 1.17f be fixed, such as army unloading and others(cant think off the top of my head:p )

And I think its great that people from fixaris are actually listening to people in forums on the web....:)

Seems to me that question #2 answers #1.
 
Originally posted by Sony3127
I would like to see something added to the editor that would allow the creator to place specific civs in specific starting points. For one, you could actually have a world map with country's in thier "proper" geographic places. Yes, having random placement can "keep the field even" and spontanious. But I really think that having this option could be a lot of fun! just my 2 cents... :)

Mike (I'll never be able to spell that last name), who's working on the editor I believe, has mentioned that's a priority.
 
Thanks Dan and Firaxis

But if you allow planes to sink ships it would be good to allow ships(from Destroyer up) to shoot down planes.

Again thanks for your work :)
 
Top Bottom