1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to be a tech whore without trading in MP

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Malarkey, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

I will catch Rolo! Although the people who have the same posts/day as me for 5+ years straight will be a little harder...

If this was truly a vanilla article, then the comment on cathy...ridiculous. Those were str 18 units at what is now the cuirasser tech. Hot damn, that's insane. With combat II they might as well have been draft infantry.

2. noto2

noto2 Emperor

Is this article sarcastic?? The strategy is - grab as many early religions as possible (don't build a worker right away), and start wonderspamming immediately, but don't chop any forests to get those wonders!! I mean, I can't tell...is it supposed to be funny?

3. noto2

noto2 Emperor

This strategy would fail in single player at any level above chieftan... how on earth could it ever work in multiplayer. This is how it would work - I'd build some axes and say "hey, thanks for building me the mids, parthenon, and shrines in your holy cities, I'll take them now".

4. Lord Parkin

Lord Parkin aka emperor

There would be no point in writing a whole article in a sarcastic tone, because sarcasm doesn't convey well over the internet. Anyway, these War Academy guides are supposed to be easy to read and follow.

I think this was just a case someone being overconfident: thinking they knew all about Civ and multiplayer, despite having extremely limited experience in reality.

5. noto2

noto2 Emperor

agreed. 10 chars

6. obsolete

obsolete Deity

Oh come on... since when have we seen noble-monarch players instructing the deity guys on how they SHOULD be playing their game on these forums?

On second thought........................I think I just broke the rule about using sarcasm on the internet.

7. [KC]Bantams

[KC]Bantams Chieftain

would be a waste of time 5 should be ample:lol:

8. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

This thing hasn't been removed yet???

9. Luigiii2

Luigiii2 Chieftain

I'm sorry, but I must disagree with what many people have stated. As pretty much a lifer in MP, I feel it is pretty safe to say that there is NO one size fits all strategy. Merely the culture generated by these wonders will serve as an efficient choke, and the culture defense will be huge right from the get go. Warmongers are by no means omniscient, and they will most likely be busy firming up their own positions when the wonders are built. Then, of course, they will come to loot and burn, but by then people following this guide's strategy will have more gold, and at least a nominal tech edge (I say nominal because they probably will not have much better military technology, but that will come in time. AS for the gold part, remember the golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules. Other civs can be bribed to come help, or might just come to deny a rival profit on the territory. By the time anyone begins to realize that the people following this guide should be teamed, it will be far far too late. These are just my thoughts, but again, I have been playing for awhile.

10. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Moderator Action: I think the time to close this is more than due. As I hinted ( and others said explicitely ) 3 years go, this thread has pretty much nothing of useful info. True , no strat covers it all, but a strat that would be most likely beaten by the current AI is a little bit shaky to defend in MP ( unless they have a big daddy to protect them ... )

Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.