How To Be Trustworthy

jarhead_leif

Civ2ToT Modder
The AI's are so mean. =.="

I can get an AI to be worshipful to me. Give 'er techs and gold. But then after a few turns, they always go down to neutral/receptive. And I don't know what I have done wrong.

How do you maintain your friendship? :)

I think the AI can only love you if you are completely failing as a civilization?

I have had the same problem in Civilization, Civilization 2 and Civilization 3, and also Civilization Call To Power. The AI's attitude is always a problem and I can't keep them happy with me. Perhaps except in Civ3, there I could keep some of them somewhat happy with me.

In the standard version of Civ2 which I've got, the AI's attitude is a problem, but I know it's even worse in the later versions of Civ2.
I don't know, maybe they tried to make up for the unintelligent AI by making it extremely hostile? But being extremely hostile is not necessarily helping the AI beating the human.

Relations tend toward neutral with passage of time in general. However, aggressive AIs are more demanding and thus harder to please. The way to keep a non-aggressive rival happy for a long time is to gift them to worshipful and no more; monitor their attitude and gift them again when they drop to receptive or neutral.

You have to strike the proper balance with who you face at a certain level. Humanity isn't the Covenant. We're all not out to get you.

Top Bottom