How to bring treasure to Jerusalem in Middle ages conquest

Michelangelo

Prince
I'm playing the middle ages conquest. The RNG gave me the Byzantines, and they serve me well. But after reading a couple of threads of this conquest I want to give it a try with one of the christian civs.

They can bring a relic to Jerusalem and cash in 10.000 points. Great, but how does this work. Can you just walk into Jerusalem, and they don't bother you, or have you to capture it first. Or something else. I find it a bit unclear and b/c it would need a lot of work, and a completely different approach, I could be wasting precious civ-time.

Anyone can help me on this??

You capture Jerusalem with your troops, then your unit with the treasure moves into Jerusalem and you get the points...

You can't just walk in if you don't own it, now can you? ;)

u have 1 relic as a christian civ, try your best to get the other 2 relics through warfare or any means so that u can win by VP = 30000 when u bring all 3 relics to jerusalem.

When u have all 3 relics , negotiate your way through for ROP with the mongols and other civs etc. Take note u need a substantiate army for the final launch on jerusalem and it is usually protected by more than 20 + troops on sid.

U need to capture jerusalem than each troop carrying the relic upon entering jerusalem automatically the relic is accounted for.

There r 'invisible' or stealth soldiers eventually protecting jerusalem so make sure your invasion force is strong enough.

This makes use of ROP rape of course but just another way.

My suggestion is for u to try this method 1st so u understand how the relic works in conquests at the same time after sometime in the game u will know roughly how to better your strategies in your 2nd attempt at the game where u do not need any ROP but win by sheer conquest.

There r other ways of winning this scenario also. :p

Ginger_Ale said:
You can't just walk in if you don't own it, now can you? ;)

That's why I thought there must be more to it then just bringing it to Jerusalem.

In other threads I read that the easier way is to just have wars and gather your points that way. But I want to try the chalenge and do it the relic way, getting 3 of them will be hard enough. Any suggestions for a nice civ to use for this?

What happens if Jerusalem is destroyed somehow, as I did in my current game as the byzantines? Where do you go with your precious relic. Maybe you can hide it, so that a thousand years later an Indiana Jones unit can find it again ;)

Any suggestions for a nice civ to use for this?
Danes. :viking:

France is clearly the strongest Christian Civ. England can easily return their own Relic very early (since they start with an empty Army and 2 Galleys, and a Sword Army is enough to capture Jerusalem that early).

If the Holy City is burned to the ground, the VP location is still there; it's not the city that matters, but the obelisk.

Yup, Danes are the easiest. Start off with a huge army of beserks, and those longships. Raid Chippenham, then Paris, sail to Jerusalem, and then just 'zerk your way to victory. I destroyed the Byzantines in my Emperor Dane game. :lol:

That's what I did. Burned England to the ground, did the same to France, Rome, and Constantanople. Then burned Jerusalem and returned all the treasures.

I'm not sure how often it happens but it seems if you declare war on Burgundy and Germany, soon you'll see their swordsman with treasure. :) You job is just to take it from them.

Tomoyo said:
Yup, Danes are the easiest. Start off with a huge army of beserks, and those longships. Raid Chippenham, then Paris, sail to Jerusalem, and then just 'zerk your way to victory. I destroyed the Byzantines in my Emperor Dane game. :lol:
I agree. Those berserks definitely rule. I played with Sweden. Took England and Poland. Then wiped Denmark and with just the English relic, sailed to Jerusalem (why walk through hostile territory) and took Jerusalem without breaking a sweat.

Top Bottom