1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to buy GP's with Faith?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Wolfbeckett, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

So on my current game I'm going for a space win, obviously I've gone into Rationalism. In theory I should now have access to buy GSes with Faith right? How do I actually do that? I've looked at The social policy screen, the religion overview, my cities purchase queues etc. in detail and I am not seeing it. Do I need to be Industrial before it will let me or something? Or is there something else I'm overlooking? Would like to purchase a GS now before my faith overflows and I end up with another unneeded Great Prophet.

2. Xger

Xger Chieftain

I'm not 100% sure when you can buy them, but you buy them from the purchase menu of any city. I believe you can buy them once you open the tree, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong there

3. MetaSkipper

MetaSkipper Chieftain

There is a setting to auto-buy a GP once you have enough faith. It's probably close buy.

4. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

Yes, you need to reach the Industrial Age before you can purchase other Great People with Faith. You'll mainly notice this with Rationalism (available in Renaissance) and Commerce (available in Medieval) - you'll need to wait a bit before purchasing GS and GM.

5. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

"Once you reach the Industrial Era, no more Great Prophets will be automatically generated with Faith, though you will still have the option of purchasing them."

g&K Introductory guide stickied

6. fivexthethird

fivexthethird Chieftain

You can only do so in the industrial era or later.
    You buy them like you would a missionary.

7. smallfish

smallfish Immortal

Automatically generated? I think it only happened once or twice; there was a third but I got it from HS

You can start buying Great Persons only when you've opened the relevant SP trees (ie. Commerce for Great Merchants), and even then you can only buy it from a city dominated by your religion

8. Wolfbeckett

Wolfbeckett Jerkin' and nonsense.

Ah okay thanks guys, I'm still late Renaissance so that's why. Guess I'll just deal with the next Great prophet, let him shore up my cities that are facing pressure from Boudicca ;).

9. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

Autobuying occurs from the settings on the Faith/Religion screen.

Under your religion there should be a menu where you can decide "Remind me later," or automatically buy Prophets/Missionaries/Inquisitors.

Before Industrial, if you want Prophets with Faith, you need to select the autobuy under this menu. (Missionaries/Inquisitors/special buildings/Holy Warriors can be selected under autobuy *or* purchased directly in cities with the religion).

Starting in Industrial, you don't autobuy Prophets from the Faith screen. Instead you can directly purchase Prophets (or other GP) from the city screen.

If you don't want to autobuy Prophets (which resets your faith to 0), you can just select the "Remind me later" option, and it will just store up your Faith. You can then go crazy with other GP once you hit Industrial.