How to cancel deals?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by JBConquests, Nov 20, 2010.

1. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

I can't seem to figure out how to cancel deals with the AI. I go to the diplomacy window and the deal history window but don't see any way to cancel? Is there a way to do this?

2. Deep_Blue

Deep_Blue Knight

you cant .. they end after a number of turns. if you declare war deals will be automatically canceled.

3. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

Thanks, I hope they add that back in because I know I could cancel deals in Civ 4.

4. Fistalis

Fistalis Prince

There are many things we had/could do in Civ IV that we don't have/cannot do in civ V. TBH i wouldn't hold my breath hoping any of these options are added. Civ V is what it is.. whether you love it or hate it.

5. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

The funny thing is that the AI can cancel deals.

6. Derax

Derax Chieftain

So imho this should be moved to the bug section then ^^

7. Panda_Power

Panda_Power Warlord

Easiest way to deal with Civ 5's diplomacy is just to ignore it all together and say "no" to everything.....makes no difference whatsoever!:)

8. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

The reason I wanted to cancel deals is that I was at peace and had open borders with Arabia. Siam (sp?) was at war with me and right next to Arabia and I. I was trying to get to Siam's capital with my army of units but was having a difficult time because Arabia had the area around Siam's capital flooded with about 6 workers and they weren't going anywhere. I literally couldn't get a unit to Siam's capital and I didn't want to go to war with Arabia just to get through his army of workers.

I'll have to remember that trick sometime I want to protect a city state from a friend. I'll just surround his city with workers and the city state will be invulnerable.:rolleyes:

9. 501st Legion

501st Legion Warlord

And this what makes it annoying for me. Why can't the human player cancel deals?

10. lschnarch

lschnarch Emperor

In contrast to what has been said, the AI does not "play to win" but is programmed to block the human player from winning.
    To achieve this, a system of escalation was created, of which the cancelling of pacts is one of the first steps. The final stage will be the war.

11. Nakamura-CP

Nakamura-CP Chieftain

Also not good thing with deals is you can offer a deal by accident clicking wrong button when you busy fighting in MP game.