I'm working on a RFC modmod with a historical accuracy theme. One of my first ideas was to move the Indian start date forward to about 2000-1500 BC to reflect the start of the Vedic/Aryan civilization. This turned out to be quite involved, with changes made to the python, WBS (worldbuilder save) and C++ /DLL. Thanks to Asaf, embryodead and Jarkov, I eventually succeeded. Here's what I did: (note in this example the Indian spawn is changed to 2250 BC, I can't remember why I chose that date, but it does make one more change necessary since they become the 1st new civ to spawn after the game start. Also note that I made this change for the 3000 BC only scenario and I started from an unmodded RFCEpic/Marathon copy) 1. Python changes. Code: In Assets/Python/Consts: line 166: tBirth for India changed from "-3000" to "-2250" Code: In Assets/Python/RiseAndFall: line 733 change: iFirstSpawn = iGreece to: iFirstSpawn = iIndia line 2627 add: if (iCiv == iIndia): utils.makeUnit(con.iSettler, iCiv, tPlot, 2) utils.makeUnit(con.iArcher, iCiv, tPlot, 2) utils.makeUnit(con.iChariot, iCiv, tPlot, 2) lines 2996-7 (after the above change is made) remove: utils.makeUnit(iSettler, iIndia, tCapitals[iIndia], 1) utils.makeUnit(iWarrior, iIndia, tCapitals[iIndia], 1) line 3002 (after the above changes are made) add: if ( pIndia.isHuman() ): utils.makeUnit(iSettler, iIndia, tCapitals[iIndia], 1) utils.makeUnit(iScout, iIndia, tCapitals[iIndia], 1) 2. WBS changes. (note these changes are made by opening the WBS with a text editor) Code: delete lines 32-33, the Indian team reference. 3. C++/DLL changes First you need to be able to compile the C++ files into a new DLL. Thankfully there's a great up-to-date method from Asaf here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=405444 . It worked for me the first time I tried it, after many failures with older tutorials. Once you have the compiler working, make the following changes in the C++ files: Code: In CvGameCoreDLL/CvRhyes: line 13: startingTurnYear for India changed to -2250 lines 16-21: other changes to make the scenario launcher display the correct starting date and estimated loading time, hard to describe but easy to figure out by looking at it. Code: In CvGame: line 2233: move "case INDIA:" down below all the civs with "break;" after them, just above Greece, and delete the "break;" line following it After making these changes, recompile the DLL. And thats it. I hope this was relatively clear. Please let me know if you have problems with it. Also as you can see I have not posted much and don't know much about forum protocols and such so I hope I'm posting this properly and in the right place. Apologies if I'm not.