1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change a city set? [repost from FfH forum]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Cilpot, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Cilpot

Cilpot Pretentious Schmuck

(This particular question is regarding FfH, but I assume the tasks for doing this are the same no matter what mod if any is running)

I have spent a lot of time searching forums for this, but in vain.

I would like to have the Hippus use the same city set as the Grigori. Is this this easy to implement? Just changing some XML properties? In that case, which XML files and which properties?

Also: Some city sets have "surfaces" while others (like the Amurites) do not. are these part of the city graphics or separate items?

Thank you.

PS: All credit to the creators of the city sets, they're all awesome. It's just that in my games I'd like the Hippus to have a bit more "developed" cities.

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That's relativly easy for city sets, which are already in the game.
    Look at XML\Civilizations\CivilizationInfos.xml.
    The city sets are defined through the mentioned artstyle (not unit artstyle, this one is for units, obviously), so just replace the hippus artstyle with the artstyle of the Grigoris, that's it.

3. Cilpot

Cilpot Pretentious Schmuck

Thanks a lot! That looks like a small simple task :goodjob:

I have actually been wondering about this for months, going through many xml files and searching the forums. Much more efficient to just ask :)